Let's see... about as far back I can remember is Tuesday. Pathetic, I know, hehe. Indi and I got up at about 5 am to go shopping incredibly early. The reason for the earliness was that later I was taking Indi to the city and seeing a movie with Ellie, Sarah and Missy. So anyways, we got there about an hour before the shopping centre actually opened (yes, it was waaaay too early!), so that was incredibly boring. When it finally opened I got some clothes and we left.
At about 12 we walked over to Ellie's place and met up with everyone, and got on a bus to the city. Do you guys remember when Ellie and I went to South Bank and got completely and utterly lost? Well, we were going to the same place.
Thankfully Sarah and Missy have better senses of direction and we got there, and saw Spiderwick Chronicles (yes, we're incredibly mature for our age, lol), and eventually managed to get back to my place. I got a few things and Ellie's mum took us back to her house, we watched a movie and then were calling Ellie's stalker friend. Yes... there are a lot of stalker people around here, haha! He called her, and we took turns talking to him, and Ellie gave him mine and Missy's number (and for that, I hate her, haha, yet another stalker...) So at about 3am he sent me a picture of him shirtless, it woke me up and I opened the text still half asleep, lmao, it made me scream.
Anyways, the next day Ellie's church group was holding a discount thing to go to Wet'N'Wild, so Ellie, Sarah, Missy and I all went. In a bus with a bunch of other kids. But it was awesome! It was raining, so when we got there, there was literally NO people. Hence, no lines. :D! So awesome! We went on all the bestest rides... Ellie even dragged me on Surfrider after a while. Omigod, that was scary, and yet awesome, hahaha. I hate free-fall, so it wasn't my favourite ride. I could list all of the slides we went on, buuuut that could get boring for you guys.
Anyways, to sum up the day... actually, I think I've said it was awesome like three times already, so you get the point, right?
On Thursday I slept basically the whole day, and yesterday (Friday) my aunt took Ind and I to that Horton Hears a Who movie... my sister was the one who didn't want to see it. :D I liked it. Apart from the drugged up yellow fluffy animal called Katie... see the movie and you'll know what I mean. That was plain scary!!
Aaaaaanyway, that's my holiday. And yesterday night, I was watching Pirates of the Caribbean 3, and I randomly decided to write down one of the scenes as a story, to work on my descriptions of things. In my opinion, I'm horrible at describing, soooo that was the general aim. I'll post it here, cause I'm really hoping that it was better than my usual stories (it's not very good, still), so any feedback would be fantastic, but as usual, you don't need to read it.
***
The cold night brought calm waters to the ocean’s heart, and churning waves were only an occasional sight to be seen amid the darkness. One to be missed by the unaided eye was a shadowy figure lurching amongst these infrequent waves. Clutching to itself a barrel with what seemed to be a sack dressed in cloth, and a gun—useless now, with thanks to the cold depths of sea—he clambered aboard a previously unseen vessel. It was a wonder as to how the figure had managed to spy this ship, as the fabric of night shrouded it well. Its blackened build and darker sails kept it unseen to those who may have been trailing it, and no sound erupted from it as it crept along the ocean’s surface with stealth.
But it would seem, however, that the dark figure now struggling against the swirling weight of the water, had not expertly tracked this craft with knowledge, but rather had thrown himself from the ship inexplicably, and now was curiously attempting to embark it once again.
The light of a hazy vapour was clouding about the figure and his ship, whistling eerily, breathing down his neck, and illuminating the two bodies of interest in a white radiance. Having become less of a shadow, the increasingly distinguished features of a youthful man grew from the darkness. His clothes were sodden from the brief encounter with the sea, and his dark hair dripped of sea water. The long, blood-coloured shirt he wore was tattered and shabby, having been worn one too many times, and it hung loosely on him, precariously balancing on his shoulders as its only means of staying put. He wore long leggings with a leather belt wound roughly at his waist. This was not for comfortable purposes, but rather served as the natural resting place for the firearm he currently grasped in his right hand.
The young man still clutched the barrel, and whatever lay unstably on top of it, and he somehow managed to clamber up the ropes that were descending from the deck above. He reached the landing after much muttering and cursing, slashing the ropes that had assisted his ascent, and, gasping for breath, threw his objects on board. The man was still balancing on the banister of the ship’s wooden floor, and his eyes swivelled left, eyeing a dangerously placed cannon that was jutting out from the side of the vessel menacingly. He clutched it to boost himself up over the side, but did not move. The man stared at the piece of weaponry as if it would activate from his touch alone. After a moment’s hesitation, he managed to grip the foul beast and scramble aboard.
The light hit the man more intensely when he had regained his position on the ship, and it became more obvious that he was young, little more than a boy. His face was not lined and his hair not greyed; his eyes sparkled with youth as he stood to assess the situation at hand.
He stumbled over to his weapon, picking it up to reassure his safety, and touched the barrel with the tips of his fingers, as if to be certain it wasn’t about to roll away. Now, with the mist lighting the items around him, it became clear that the thing atop the barrel that the man had so determinedly dragged aboard, was not in fact a sack, but the body of a man, a soldier. The stab wound piercing his chest declared his fate, and the young man watched the corpse with caution, to ensure his plan did not go astray.
In a matter of seconds it would become evident that this concern was needless, for someone else was watching that body as the youth did.
The boy was no longer paying attention to the barrel, or the dead man, but rather the dagger he now held, which he had used to sever the ropes. He stared at it in thought, thinking of who had given him the blade, and wondering what would happen to him, and to them.
“You escaped the brig even quicker than I expected,” came a voice, and the boy jumped in surprise, automatically reaching for his gun. He turned to the source of the noise, already having recognised the individual who had spoken, for he had heard that same voice too much as of late. Another man perched atop the cannon, resting carelessly against a mast, his legs crossed and his face one of amusement.
The new man was older than the other, his face lined, and his clothes even more ragged. He wore a leather hat atop his head and a bandanna underneath it. Messy dreadlocks rested on his loose white shirt, and small pendants and charms hung around his neck. He was, of course, a pirate.
“William,” the pirate muttered to the younger man, as he stood, balancing on the cannon easily, “do you notice anything?”
The boy, William, stared at the pirate, and then from left to right, thinking, unsure.
“Rather,” the pirate interrupted amusedly, “do you notice something… that is not there to be noticed?” He crept along the cannon further, towards William, who was now staring at the wooden planks on the floor.
“You haven’t raised an alarm,” Will guessed, staring at the pirate cautiously.
“Odd, isn’t it?” the pirate nodded. “Not as odd as this.” He looked down, gesturing at the barrel and body in front of Will, and the boy followed his gaze guiltily.
“Come up with this all by your lonesome, did you?”
The boy looked back up at the pirate indignantly. “I said to myself, ‘Think like Jack’.”
The pirate stared at him for a minute. “And this is what you arrived at?” he said in mock surprise. “Lead Beckett to Shipwreck Cove so as to gain his trust, accomplish your own ends? It’s like you don’t know me at all, mate!”
Will scowled at him sarcastically, but could think of nothing to say.
Jack filled the silence. “And how does your dearly beloved feel about this plan?”
Again, silence. Will stared straight ahead, blankly. Guilt clouded his face, and Jack grinned knowingly.
“Aah,” he said, his voice rich with glee, “you’ve not seen fit to trust her with it.”
Will gazed at the ground dejectedly. “I’m losing her, Jack.”
The pirate hopped to the ground and walked up behind the younger man.
“Every step I make for my father,” Will continued numbly, “is a step away from Elizabeth.”
Jack shook his head and smiled grimly, “Mate, if you choose to lock your heart away, you’ll lose her for certain.”
Will did not reply.
“If I might lend a machete to your intellectual thickhead,” Jack muttered, turning towards a cabin door, making an effort to appear innocent, “avoid the choice altogether! Change the facts,” his eyes became wild with greed, his plan finally becoming apparent, “let someone else dispatch Jones!”
Will stared around them, struck dumb with confusion. “Who?” he asked.
Jack froze, his eyes flickering to Will pointedly, not wanting to say it in words.
Will turned to him, frowning in surprise, still too confused to fully understand Jack’s intentions. “You?” he demanded.
“Death,” Jack mumbled hastily, taking the conversation into his own hands, “has a curious way of reshuffling one’s priorities. I slip aboard the Dutchman, find the heart, stab the beating thing, your father goes free from his debt, you’re free to be with your charming murderess.” He said the last word with a small amount of loathing. Will couldn’t blame him… after all that had happened, Jack and Elizabeth couldn’t be expected to be the best of friends, to say the least.
Will scowled, seeing a hole in the plan. “And you’re willing to cut out your heart and bind yourself to the Dutchman?” he demanded disbelievingly. “Forever,” he added.
“No, mate,” Jack whispered harshly, “I’m free forever.” His eyes lit up. “Free to sail the seas beyond the edges of the map—free from death itself.”
Will shook his head and edged closer to the pirate. “You have to do the job though, Jack,” he said matter-of-factly, “you have to ferry souls to the next world. Or end up just like Jones.” Will mimed stroking a long beard of tentacles, that of which resembled Davy Jones’s, and Jack flinched in disgust, his mouth open in a grimace. He stroked his own beard absent-mindedly.
After a split hesitation, Jack muttered in repulsion, “I don’t have the face for tentacles.”
Will stared at him unsmilingly, his look hardened and serious.
“But immortal has to come for something, eh?” Jack asked. “Oh!” he exclaimed, suddenly remembering something. He shoved his left hand inside a pocket in his shirt, and withdrew a small black box. Will recognised it as Jack’s compass, and took it in astonishment. Jack didn’t hand over his compass without good reason. It pointed to the heart’s greatest desires, and Jack held it dearly. Will stared at it for a long moment.
Eventually, he managed to ask in suspicion, “What’s this for?”
Jack frowned thoughtfully. “Think like me, it’ll come to you.” He leaned forward to Will and breathed in his face.
Will gagged at the revolting smell and immediately recoiled from it, losing his balance. He fell hard against the banister and straight over, flipping backwards and landing once again in the cold, dark water. Jack leaned over the banister to look at him. Will flailed about, shocked by the immense iciness of the salt water, and tried not to choke on the litres he had immediately inhaled after hitting the surface.
Jack picked up the body and the barrel that still lay on the floor of the deck, and hauled them overboard, watching them crash into the water next to Will, and bob to the surface.
“My regards to Davy Jones!” Jack called out, smiling and saluting Will as the ship sailed away.
Will managed to grasp onto the barrel that was floating in front of him, and stay above water long enough to mutter, “I hate him,” with a glare after the vessel that soon sunk away into nothingness.
***
So that's that. What else, now?
I know I promised that picture that Alex drew. I don't have the same one that I was telling you guys about, but I have another one that she also drew. So yes... it's slightly random but still awesome, in my opinion.
Is she an incredible artist or what?
Now... comments!
Christine: Yes, my dad's purpose in life is to embarrass the hell out of his children, haha, the stories I could tell you... but won't, cause they're embarrassing. :P Lol.
Oh yes, that's right! I still have to send the bed to your house... ummm... we'll see how that turns out; I'm not actually sure how to post a bed. Maybe I'll have to drive it there.
You're a doctor? What?! You never told me that!! My god, I could've shot you by accident, with the list against doctors and all! D:
Well, trees may be some kind of cheese, but poems don't neccesarily have to make sense, really. :D I'm glad you liked it. And I may keep it in mind, seeing as we're studying poetry in English this term. It may come in handy.
Yes, hahaha, one word to describe the poem K wrote... "interesting". Hmm, I am seriously contemplating running. If I'm running to Bundaberg as you say, maybe I should just carry the bed? I mean seriously, a couple of hundred kilos, and several hundred kilometres, that's no big deal, right? I could totally do that.
Hey, does that mean that for your birthday this year you're getting a walking stick? AHA! I know what to get you for your birthday!! Success!!
Leesha: Aaagh, I envy you, having a dad that's not publicly embarrassing! Lol :]
Well, when I meant crushed my bones, I was being slightly over-dramatic (could ya guess? Haha), he more... uh, scared the hell out of me more than anything.
Hmm, so you're saying... uhhh, that K isover the bitchiness? Or, something along those lines? I dunno, lol.
Thankyou :D I'm not sure how many years of being a teenager left I have, but I'm sure you can count better than me.
Mari: My previous post didn't make up for everything!?!?! Noooo!!!!! *Hits head on desk* ...Oh, you were kidding. Hurrah!
Yep, yep, I have two stalker peoples talking to me now, apparently? Good god, I swear, if I have any more stalkers I'm going to freak out, majorly.
Oh, and good question, cause here's the key problem: I never told K, or implied it at all, that we were friends! This is the worst part of it, because now every time I sign in on msn and she's online, I cannot escape a conversation. Gahhh, help me Mari!!
Lol, when I read that part about you finding me to punch me I seriously looked over my shoulder, xD
Okay guys, hope that this post was long enough!
Peace.
~Sam
3 comments:
xo hi hi xo
The decription thingy was awesome. I read most of it.
Okay, that's a lie, I read the parts with Orlando Bloom in them. He's hot!
I will find you, and punch you.
Okay, you should block K on MSN. Then block her on Myspace.
When she emails to ask what's up (believe me, she will) say your accounts were deleted/hacked. Make sure your Myspace profile is on private.
THREE STALKERS!!!!
A picture of him shirtless....um, is he at least cute?
Are you freaking out majorly yet? ;)
Wow that drawing was good. Aww she made donald duck actually look cute! That a miracle.
No the post is not long enough. Darn you!
xo bi bi xo
my god
what is with you & stalkers!?
are they like wildly attracted to you sam?
lol
my gosh, that is not something you want to wake up to at that time in the morning...unless hes cute, it could be different then..
im not saying k's turned unbitchy because likleyhood is the hasnt but its got to be a little strange dont you think?
maybe she has a mental problem?
that revolves around you!?
anyway must go
x.
so describe this shirtless stalker guy, cute? please say hes cute coz then it would be totally worth it!! and give him my number ;]
haha
loved the descriptive writing im reading it and im like yes this is a good part of the movie...wait all of the movie is good, i read it all =]]]]]
umm forgot what i was writing
damn you!! i wanna see horton hears a who!!!!! >:l
lol
ok back to commenting but i cant remember what you wrote so umm bye!
xxo
Post a Comment