Thursday, November 23, 2017

10 Year Anniversary

Hi, Blogger.

It's been a long time, but somehow it still seems familiar. I remember spending hours (upon hours) every week writing posts here, answering comments here, combing through my friends' blogs....

I came here in 2007 as a 14-year-old who felt alone. Here, randomly on the Internet, I met some of the most incredible people in the world. Kind, compassionate - and we all loved each other so much.

Right now, it's been 10 years since that 14-year-old sat down to write that first post, and I remember it so clearly.

Today I'm 24. I'm married. I'm happy. Happier than I thought was possible all those years past. In 2 weeks, I'm moving into a home my husband and I have built together. We have 2 dogs and I work as a copywriter. Who coulda guessed, huh? (Well, everyone who listened to me blabber about writing.)

I earned a degree in journalism, but I'm still looking to write that book. Truth be told, I don't miss a lot about my old life. My home life was unhappy, I was depressed, and I didn't have anywhere near the confidence I have today.

The one thing I miss is those friends. Sitting down every night to talk with them, dream with them, fix the real world with their kind words.

I can't believe it's been nearly half my life since I made this blog - and nearly 7 years since I stopped writing in it.

It feels like such a part of me. A missing part, now, but one that shaped me as who I am today. I don't suspect they'll read this, but I hope they know how much I love them for that.




1 comment:

Sam said...

I'm sure no one will see this, but in case they do: I no longer have access to this account, but I've written a 15-year update. You can read it here: https://mycompleterandomness2.blogspot.com/2022/08/15-year-update.html