I'm going to write down everything that's been going on in my life recently, and what's about to happen, etc, partly to get you guys up-to-speed, and partly because I've been incredibly absent-minded lately, and I don't want to forget.
This will all be positive/neutral stuff, because I'm in an oddly good mood today that I don't want to wreck.
So.
I'll start with last Friday.
It was free dress, and all the proceeds went to a world peace organisation, and apparently purple is the colour of peace, so we all had to wear purple. (Ie, purple day.)
I don't really have much purple, so I just wore a semi-purple shirt and shorts, then purple earrings and a bracelet, and I put glitter across my face, just for a bit of randomness in there. Wait, I can't remember if this was last Friday or the Friday before...
No, it was definitely last Friday.
School was okay... I remember Simone, Sarina and I meeting up in Form and mocking each others' attempt at purpleness. We're awesome friends like that :D
Simone: Sarina's coming.
Me: Is she wearing purple?
Simone: *through laughter* Sort of.
Me: ...Is that tinsel in her hair?
Simone: Yes. Purple tinsel.
Sarina: Heyyyyyyyyyyyou're not purple! (She kind of blended it into one word, lol.)
Me: You're wearing black and white!
Sarina: *points to hair* And purple.
Me: ...That SO doesn't count.
Sarina: Where's your purple?
Me: Ears, wrist and face.
Sarina: Face?
Me: I'm sure there's some purple glitter.
Sarina: And what about you, Simone? That's pink!
Simone: Yes, well, it's the closest I've got--
Me: Without resorting to looking like a Christmas tree.
*Simone and I crack up; Sarina laughs offendedly*
(By the way, that was all good-natured mocking; we were all laughing and smiling at the time.)
Anyway, after school, my sister and Dad went to a cricket game (random?) so Mum and I went shopping. I got new shoes :D They're pretentious Connies, seeing as I'm getting real ones for Christmas.
Then when we got home, Mum and I watched a severely retarded shark movie that we think is made by the same directors of "Croc" (severely retarded crocodile movie; the effects are SO SO SO fake that it's hilarious!).
Umm... I think Saturday or Sunday I wrote my last post... and on Sunday afternoon a huge storm hit, the biggest storm Brisbane's seen in 25 years. There was a blackout for six hours-- from 4:30pm till 10:30; and it was SO dark at 4:30 in the afternoon, with the storm clouds, that we actually had to use candles and torches to see!
My dad went to a concert and said it was the scariest driving conditions he'd ever been in. It was, as I like to put it, raining hippos. :] Apparently the hippos are visiting Christine, as well.
We had takeaway that night, thanks to the utter lack of electricity xD
I actually find it funny how it hasn't been around that long, but that humans have learned to be pretty much entirely dependent of it. I know my family is; we have electric stoves and an oven, too, so we couldn't cook at all. At least we have solar-powered hot water.
I can't remember Monday. Oh, yeah. It rained (shocker); in HPE we watched that karate kid movie, lol, since we couldn't play softball. I can't remember anything else, besides the fact that I had to work after school.
Tuesday sucked. I don't want to talk about anything negative, but let's just say... it sucked... and that my friendship with Ellie was pretty much over. I think accepting that-- or trying to, rather-- was the most painful thing I've ever done in my life... it's hard to forget a seven-year friendship... especially with a best friend.
We had the first part of our exam for English, and our HPE exam.
Wednesday, we had the second part of our English exam. Mum talked to me about this thing that's been making me silent and miserable. Alex also declared that once a day from now on, she's going to sneak up on me and try to give me a heart attack. She managed to make me scream in Assembly.
Thursday, Alex jumped on my back and we both collapsed. My back's been weird and sore lately, so that didn't help. It was funny though...
Ellie started talking to me again, as if nothing'd happened.
Alex and I shared scar stories.
Alex: I got this one from a dog bite *points to leg*
Me: I tore my arm open on a fence *indicates scar*
Alex: What about that one on your wrist; how'd that happen?
Me: *doesn't look down* Oh, that... it's nothing; I scratched it on the corner of a table by accident.
Alex: That bad?
Me: Yeah, it was an evil table.
Then in the afternoon Mum took my sister and I to Indro (shopping centre) and we walked around, bought a few things, etc.
The power went out at home for a few minutes.
Also on Thursday morning, one of our ovals at school had water at least two metres deep in it. And (the gross bit) the water burst three sewerage pipes (YUCK) and flooded through them, carrying all of the contents out to the oval as well. Some people didn't know and were splashing around in the water. Simone and I were almost sick.
Obviously we didn't do HPE; we watched Blades of Glory. It's funny.
"This night is dark for me."
"It's dark for everyone, moron."
"...Not for Alaskans, or dudes with night vision goggles!"
Today was good, I guess. I got to school early and handed in my book order form and an assignment. Then we had a sub for English, and just talked about K The Stalker, driving lessons, and other random things. English Extension was good. For our assessment, we have to hand in two pieces of creative writing, but first, we have to get three people to comment on it and try to fix it up if it had mistakes. On my second piece, there were three "wow"s and no corrections. They're stupid. Flattering, but stupid.
I also got three A+'s for my extended answer assignment.
Art was retarded. Someone was on Caitlin's computer and mine, so we sat on the floor next to Marney and read, then 10 minutes before lunch the teacher realised we hadn't done anything and started yelling at us, and I went, "What do you expect us to do?" and he couldn't think of anything, but he still yelled. Stupid shiny-headed man.
At lunch I talked to people and made jokes like old times, a few people went into hysterics; it's good to know that they either still like me enough to laugh at my lame jokes, or that I haven't lost my sense of humour. I played Cheat for a while, then went to get my Science draft back, but my teacher wasn't there. Also, Alex jumped on me from behind and sent me flying about 5 metres. Then Stalker Guy attacked me.
Then we went to Maths and Stalker Guy was hanging from the same balcony Josh was hanging from about a year ago when he tried to tip that water all over me (I doubt you guys'd remember), and Simone, Sarina and I waved and smiled at him at the same time. And he waved and smiled, but didn't look at Simone or Sarina :D I felt special!
Then once we'd gone upstairs I tried to attack Alex to get payback, but Stalker Guy enveloped me in a hug so I couldn't. Then Alex told me she might be moving schools next year, and I hit the back racks with my wrist and bruised the bone. Stalker Guy's leaving for Borneo next Wednesday, too. :(
And I have to come next Friday (the last day of school) because at the start of lunch we have to go to the Activities Centre, and they're providing free lunch, and then we have to get graduation certificates (pfft) and sort out some stuff for next year.
Every afternoon for the past two or three weeks, I've been doing something-- shopping, work, driving... anything but being left alone in my thoughts. That's partly my choice, and partly my parents'. I'm grateful for it, though I've been exhausted.
Tomorrow I've got work, then I'm getting Christmas presents for my friends, then I'm going to Ellie's dance concert (I told you guys about the one last year), and I think on Sunday I'm going to the movies with Simone, and driving with my dad (if it doesn't rain; UGH, our city's been called a disaster zone, now, because of the crazy storms and floods we've been getting! Sarina wasn't at school yesterday because her house was flooded!). On Monday I've got work, a Maths exam, and my Science assignment due. On Tuesday I've got another English exam. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday should be good, though. On Saturday I'm working again, and going shopping. On that Sunday, I'm seeing a movie with Sarina, and packing, cause on Monday the 1st of December I'm going to MELBOURNE! :D I get back on Thursday the 4th. I'm going with my aunt and uncle, cause it was my birthday present. My Christmas present from them is that we're seeing Wicked when we're down there. It's a Broadway musical based on the witches of Oz (y'know, from "The Wizard of Oz"? I was obsessed with that movie when I was little).
The day after I get home, I have to pick up my Year 11 books from school. Then, on Saturday my grandparents (the nice ones) are coming up. I guess it's just me hanging out with them that week, because Indi will still be at school. Lol.
Then, that Friday, everyone besides Dad and me are going to Mooloolaba (again; we went last year, 'member?). Dad and I go up on Saturday instead, cause I've got to work Saturday morning. We get back on the Tuesday.
Then I'll actually have some FREE TIME!
16th of December... that's a while to wait. Lol. Oh well; at least I'll be doing fun stuff :D (after I finish school, that is.)
Oh, and the title is from Maths today; Sarina and I were talking, and I wrote a smiley face on her book, and she's like, "Why does it only have one nose?"
I went into hysterics... it doesn't sound that funny, but the way she said it, and the way she realised what she'd said was hilarious.
I think that's everything.
Love you guyyyyyys.
Happy fuschia day. :]
Please read a book called "The House of the Spirits" by Isabel Allende; I order you to do it.
<3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
and happy fuschia day to you to :)
hmmm i think i wouldve struggled with wearing purple aswell, i dont think i have any purple in my cupboard... if i did i coulda lended it to you. and lolz about the tinsel!
was sarinas family one of the ones on one of the news because there were a couplr families with flooded houses showing off their free mucky indoor swimming pools
and the hippos have stopped for now, but the weathers still so humid and yuck that theyll probably come back with a vengence
and wow i cant believe you lost power for so long!! we lost power when yous first started getting the storms and i text you but that was while i was sleeping so it went unnoticed
the house of the spirits ??
hmm i'll look into it :)
i love you sammy! :D
Purple is MY color...*grumbles*
Ooh, I love rain. :D I want it here! When it's raining the humidity makes it hotter!
:/
I'm sorry about Ellie. it annoys me how she pretends nothing is wrong. That's like Joe.
And you are special, of course Stalker Guy would only wave to you!
Come to the U.S? Hmm? Visit Mari? I'll give you my address...
Agh, are Connies a nickname for Converses? If so then I so envy hate you.
And you're writing is fantastic, so of course itd be 'wows'. Send me it?
I'm glad you're in a good mood! Me too! :D
I've been in a power outage before too. I like it. It's all dark...and stuff. And you've gone and made me hungry for takeaway... *grumbles again*
And I remember when Josh tried to dump water on you! Has it really been that long?
And lucky! My school year goes until June! :(
And with the scar thing, I know how you feel. :/
Egh, I can't think of anything else.
Love you! :D
Post a Comment