Sunday, August 31, 2008

I mega-loathe you all.

I don't, I just like that quote.
Anyway... got back a few hours ago, thought I'd just let you all know neither of my planes blew up or whatever.
So...
Can't think of much else that would be interesting or un-negative.
Have a good week.
I'll try and catch up with your blogs and stuff when I can.
***
Um, just an update... To elongate this post a bit, I thought I'd include this poem I've been writing for English Ext. I only just finished it, so it's kind of rough at the moment. But yeah, it's just to give a bit of body to the post.
Andddd... just so you know, the poem's entirely fictional.
(And not very good, but that's another story xD)
If only I could tell you the truth for once:
I’m suffering, help me.
I’m drowning, save me.
Limbs flailing, chaos making me blind.
I wish I’d speak up…

The ringing in my ears has stopped.
Now’s my chance –
Speak, speak!
My throat constricts, the words can’t form.
You’re turning; my hand falls through the air where you were.

My lips move noiselessly,
Trying to search for the words
That hide in fear.
I can’t go on,
Pull me up.

But you don’t know.
How could you?
I hide it so well –
Smiling, laughing.
I hate the lies that are so natural to me.

If only I were transparent –
Like a window, like glass.
And you could see for yourself
How unhappy I am.
If only.

But no –
You smile and laugh along with me.
While acid seeps through my veins,
Poisons my tears,
You laugh.

I swear someone reached into my chest
And stole my heart.
There’s nothing there;
No beat, just emptiness.
A gaping black hole where my heart once was.

Are my eyes blue,
Or black?
I can’t tell anymore…
They’re empty, too.
Traitors, illustrating the truth.

My smile feels alien –
It doesn’t look right on my face.
So fake, unnatural.
It’s wrong to lie.
I know that.

But were it any way but this,
Would it be better?
Would I be happier, having you know the truth?
I always wonder,
How you would cope.

Would you cry as I do,
Each and every night?
Would you lose the feelings I have lost,
And with them, lose yourself?
Would I dare test your resilience?

No.
The burden I carry so wearily
Isn’t something I’d put upon you.
It would destroy you,
Fuelled by the innocence you possess.

I have to do this alone.
My mouth shut, my smile wide.
Now’s the time for my acting debut.
I’ve decided to never let you know.
I won’t let you suffer.

Don’t help me.
Don’t save me.
Keep smiling;
I have to do this alone.
For you.
***
Fictional.
Bit depressing though, lol.
Alright, that's about it.
<3

4 comments:

Marri said...

xo hi hi xo

Unlike you, I looove planes.

Love the poem, it is depressing though.

Um, update when you can okay? This post was kind of short.

And I'm guessing you're not feeling any better?

xo bi bi xo

xoxo,
xx . Mari . xx

Anonymous said...

i love the poem, you were a serious born writer!
i hope you're feeling better by the way.. and did yu fly qantas ? :p
xxx

ni said...

You're an amazing writer Sammy. Truly gifted.

I hope things get better for you lovey xxxxxxxx

Christine Woodward said...

aha "you children thorw around the word hate so much that its lost all meaning and i need a new word to describe my feelings towards you...i mega-loathe you all'
or something along those lines =]

that is a really spectacularly written poem and it relieves me that you say its fictional



christine loves sammy!
[we're gonna be in the same city as of today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]