Friday, December 19, 2008

Epiphany: vent post, don't bother reading

I saw Missy, Sarah and Rya on the bus yesterday on the way to see Twilight. It was alright seeing them, I guess, except it made me think.
Thinking is bad.
Whenever I think on an issue, I instantly blow it out of proportion or think too much on it.

So here are my thoughts.
I probably should know by now-- and now, I do-- that nobody is ever going to like me for me. Ever. Not if they properly know me and see me often.
Over my entire life, people have just... forgotten me, or thrown me away as some stupid, second-hand friend that they really don't need when it comes down to it.
I don't really blame them.
I don't have any good qualities or abilities, I'm not interesting enough to be remembered and I'm not good or nice enough to be liked for an extensive period of time.

Even you people here, as wonderful as you are, if you ever met me, you'd either instantly hate me or would not so long after. That's not to say that I'm not myself on here, that's not to say that I don't consider you real friends (because I do)-- that's just saying that if you actually had to put up with my presence, as nice as you are, you'd hate me too.
I promise you that, because it's happened with everyone else, and almost all of my friends have been wonderfully nice people.

Maybe I was just supposed to be the "villain" of the story-- the person people talked badly about and forgot, and never liked or cared about because god, even thinking about them in a nice way is just kidding yourself stupid.
I'm not meant to have people who care about me, and apart from my family-- who have had to put up with me over fifteen years, and have gradually grown to ignore/accept me-- nobody does. Not really, wholly, entirely.
That's fine.

I'm just a second-hand friend. No, actually, fifth or sixth, if I'm lucky. If there's anyone else someone can talk to, rather than me, they will. If there's anyone else to lean on or hang out with or anything rather than feel disdain for, they will. Of course they will. Why would I be anyone's first choice?
I don't expect that.
It's just not a great thought.

And now I'm thinking, what am I doing here? Why on Earth am I even alive, if I'm not supposed to communicate with others or belong as a member of a group? Why do I keep trying, if I know, in the end, I'll get absolutely nowhere?

Who knows.

3 comments:

Christine Woodward said...

thats stupid
thats really really stupid

i plan on meeting you next year because i'll be in brisbane every so often to see riley and im also in brisbane in march so i plan on meeting you, if i have to i will go to your hose and sit on the letter box if thats what it takes to meet you

because really your my first preference to talk to over other people

im a fairly mean person but not so mean that i bitch about my friends behind their backs then be all nicey nicey to their face and im gonna say in know you well enough that you dont either

so the main point is that i plan on meeting you and im sure we will get along grandly

i love you sammy :)

Marri said...

I probably should know by now-- and now, I do-- that nobody is ever going to like me for me. Ever. Not if they properly know me and see me often.
Over my entire life, people have just... forgotten me, or thrown me away as some stupid, second-hand friend that they really don't need when it comes down to it.
I don't really blame them.
I don't have any good qualities or abilities, I'm not interesting enough to be remembered and I'm not good or nice enough to be liked for an extensive period of time.

Even you people here, as wonderful as you are, if you ever met me, you'd either instantly hate me or would not so long after. That's not to say that I'm not myself on here, that's not to say that I don't consider you real friends (because I do)-- that's just saying that if you actually had to put up with my presence, as nice as you are, you'd hate me too.
I promise you that, because it's happened with everyone else, and almost all of my friends have been wonderfully nice people.

Maybe I was just supposed to be the "villain" of the story-- the person people talked badly about and forgot, and never liked or cared about because god, even thinking about them in a nice way is just kidding yourself stupid.
I'm not meant to have people who care about me, and apart from my family-- who have had to put up with me over fifteen years, and have gradually grown to ignore/accept me-- nobody does. Not really, wholly, entirely.
That's fine.

I'm just a second-hand friend. No, actually, fifth or sixth, if I'm lucky. If there's anyone else someone can talk to, rather than me, they will. If there's anyone else to lean on or hang out with or anything rather than feel disdain for, they will. Of course they will. Why would I be anyone's first choice?
I don't expect that.
It's just not a great thought.

And now I'm thinking, what am I doing here? Why on Earth am I even alive, if I'm not supposed to communicate with others or belong as a member of a group? Why do I keep trying, if I know, in the end, I'll get absolutely nowhere?

Who knows.


Is it sad that i can relate to every single word youve written there? Because I do relate to it.

Over my whole life, Ive lost friends because they find someone better. Look at Debbie, shes got Emma now. Usually if Im a friend Ill be the second or third, if Im lucky. And if Im in a group with other people, if I dont make myself part of conversation, Im ignored. (I tested this theory out yesterday with a few of my *best* friends. It came out the same as the above says it would.)

Really Sammy, when I talk you to, I feel so happy and hyper because you and I relate so much.

Im not a saint. Far from it. Ive been a mean person since 6th grade. I lie a lot, even when I don tmean to. Sure, sometimes the things I say are really true, but other times I cant control my words.

Oh, and when I meet you (and I will) Im gonna slap you upside the head for thinking Ill hate you, and then we'll meet up with crissy and have some good ole fun. :)

loveyou

mia said...

I'm so sorry you're feeling like this.
I know we.. haven't really known eachother for a long time. But to be honest, I can tell you're a really great person. Everyone else I met here, is.

And I know I wouldn't hate you if I met you.
Just posting here, just taking the time to comment on other people's blogs, supporting them and helping them; it proves you're awesome.
And I would be happy to meet anybody like that.

I hope you feel better soon! :)