--Wicked.
(Ignore the video, it's just the best quality of the song that I could find.)
Edit: Thankyou, very very much, to those who commented my last post. It's appreciated a lot. :]
This is going to be quite a selfish post, but it must be done :D
I got back from Melbourne a few hours ago. Unfortunately.
Melbourne was frickin' awesome. I have decided to move there when I'm older. At least for a while. I find it ironic that I should so instantly fall in love with it, since it's the place I was born, but haven't been to since.
I want to write down all I did (in unnecessary detail) so that I won't forget. You guys don't have to read, of course.
First of all, I'd just like to slap the past-me in the face for that last post :]
My initial instincts about going away for a while were right. I feel like... like I did when I started this blog. When I was super-annoyingly-always-and-forever hyper. Usually now I only feel like that when I've had a lot of caffeine or something. But right now I feel like that, and I'm mega sleep-deprived.
It was great. At first I had my doubts-- not because of the place, but because I was sick. And didn't feel much like walking around a strange city and sleeping on an air-bed.
But.
I got better, and everything was perfect.
I sound like I'm gloating, I know. Sorry. It's just... I haven't felt so happy in a long time.
Alright, to the point of this post.
On Monday Mum took Jess, Matt and I to the airport, and we then got the plane to Melbourne, arriving at abouttttt... 11? 12? I dunno, somewhere around there. Late, anyway. We walked outside, prepared with clothes suiting the random climate (it's four seasons in one day down there, honestly, though when we were there it wasn't bad) and walked a few k's to a hotel. A very cheap one. It was only for one night, and only half a night, really.
The room was one room, and the bathroom was kind of... hidden in behind a small door, and it was smaller than the bathrooms on planes. One metre squared, maybe, if that. The room was perhaps 4 metres by 2. That's a stretch, actually. There was a double bed pushed up against the wall, and about thirty centimetres to squeeze between to get past. My bed was against the wall, too. Above theirs. It was little and the mattress was really thin xD
It was a fun experience.
We stayed there til about nine in the morning, then left. Matt picked up a rental car while Jess and I checked out. Then we went and had breakfast in a part of town that's like... Vietnam Town. Really good food. Not so nice place. But meh; my family goes to really obscure places to get the good, genuine cultural food. We're used to it.
We had rice-noodle soup for breakfast, lol :D It was really good. Only, Jess and I couldn't get through a small. They were massive. Yeesh. That was after not eating for about sixteen hours, too (though I'm used to it).
Then we went to a street in Richmond that's basically a long strip of clothing stores. We shopped for three hours. I got a couple of things :]
After that... we went shopping for food, since we'd elected to cook that night for the people who'd let us stay at their house for the next two nights.
Then we went to the house, met Tom, his daughter Anna (who's one, she's very very cute!), his mother-in-law Leanne, and his father-in-law Tom. Lol. Leanne and Tom are Chinese and used to own a restaurant in town, so we decided not to cook any Asian meals for fear of being criticised, haha.
Tom's partner wasn't there... I think he was on a work trip or something? Meh.
We cooked dinner and talked and stuff... and yeah! It was an exhausting day, actually.
On Wednesday we went and had breakfast with Matt's friend Cazz, at this really good cafe in... some place. We had poached eggs on toast and stuff. It was good.
Then we ditched the rental car and took the train to the city, and said bye to Cazz. We walked to the theatre where Wicked was (:D), but we were there early, so we walked around a bit and they showed me the city, and all the cool little alleyways with cafes and stuff... it was awesome.
We went back to the theatre and saw Wicked!!!!!!!
It was SO GOOD!
Aaaaagh, I officially want to go on tour with them xD
See, I've been obsessed with the Wizard of Oz since I was two years old-- literally, at that age, I'd just watch it over and over and over-- and it's a really long movie... not many kids sit still for that long, lmao. I've always loved it.
Well, Wicked explains-- and changes my perspective of-- basically EVEYTHING in the Wizard of Oz: (no spoilers, I promise, ha) about the ruby slippers, the witch hat, the lion, scarecrow (Millsy) and tinman(Anthony Callea)'s origins, the wizard (Bert Newton O_o), the Wicked Witch of the West's sister, Glinda, and duh, the witch herself (the whole musical is about her life).
It's so so so so so awesome.
I'm going to Melbourne with my mum again to see it.
You guys, if you haven't... go! If you can. It's... wow, yeah, stop rambling.
(Seriously though, there was a mechanical dragon and flying monkeys and REALLY amazing special effects and-- yeah, end brackets... *sigh*.)
Anywho. After Wicked Jess and I walked around the city a bit (Matt went... somewhere), and we bought chocolate-coated churros (they're Spanish donuts) and ran for the tram and ate them on there (my first trip on a tram in living memory, by the way. It was interesting).
We walked to a bar and went upstairs, and met up with Matt and his friend Macca. Then Jess and I went for a walk again, and bought bagels from this place that they always go to when they go to Melbourne, the bagels rock, and while we walked we speculated about how Wicked meshed with the Wizard of Oz's events. It worked. Really well. Nothing went unexplained.
I'm getting started again xD
Then we picked up the car and drove back to the bar (that rhymed, hehe).
We sat around while Matt, Macca and Cazz talked and drank for a fair while, then drove to the Victoria Markets.
That was cool. We looked around for a while and got a heap of different food and shared it. It was yummy. Not unlike the rest of the food I'd had in Melbourne.
Then we went back to Tom's place and slept.
Today we had bagels for breakfast, and then Jess and Matt took me on a "This was your life: Before you were born" (lol) trip. They showed me the place Jess and my mum had lived for a while when they were kids, the parks they went to, the hospital where I was born, and the place Jess and Matt lived less than a year ago (that wasn't part of the trip).
THEN we went to Acland Street. :D (I think that's how you spell it.)
Acland Street is the place you go to eat cake and drink coffee, basically. There's a heap of humongous, awesome, full-to-bursting bakeries with shelves crammed with things dripping in chocolate and all of that. It makes me feel a bit sick to think about it now, but when you're hungry it's really cool, haha.
We got some cakes for take-away and drove back to Tom's place. Matt went off to a brief meeting and Jess and I stayed at the place. I babysat Anna (the baby, remember?) for three hours. It was really easy to entertain her, and really fun. According to Jess and Leanne I'm pretty good with kids. x] Kids are a lot more fun than adults, most of the time. Especially babies... they get amused when you pull them around in boxes and press buttons on their toys that make loud noises, or when you help them walk around while they hold onto your fingers, and read them Dr Seuss books and tickle them and yeah.
Then... we ate cake. And then we left... and went home. *Sigh*
I found out when Mum and I were talking in the car on the way home that Milo died earlier today.
She fell asleep with her head rested on a piece of chocolate. I agreed with Mum that there's really no better way to go ;]
I'll miss her, but I'm glad she went so peacefully.
And I'm sad, definitely very sad about it, but I'm not depressed. I'm quite ready to get up tomorrow morning and keep life going.
I'm getting my school books tomorrow (I pre-ordered them; the book-room gets so frickin' busy if you don't). Then I have to make a Christmas card and mail it ;] Hahah.
And Mum and I are then going shopping.
I really hope Mum agrees to come with me to Melbourne. Apart from the fact that I think she would love Wicked as I did, I want her to come back after avoiding the place for fifteen years... and know that it can be a place where she can be happy, too. I want her to go there and not have something bad happen to her.
Last time she was there she was seventeen, with a two-month-old baby, leaving her cheating, abusive boyfriend. So, yeah. It would have been terrible for her.
Plus, I want to see more of Melbourne, as well. I didn't see all I wanted to see... and meet all the people I wanted to meet. :]
And I want to see Wicked again.
Dear god, I'm obsessed.
Alright, I'm seriously tired.
Cya, guys!
<3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm glad you had a really great time in Melbourne. :D
I'd be kinda scared to sleep in that hotel. I would probably stay up all night worrying about the possibility that some creepy old man would come in and kill me or something. :\
But yeah, it sounds like a good experience if you're with awesome people.
Oh I love Vietnamese food :D I actually had some just yesterday.
I've never seen Wicked :| But lots of my friends have.
It sounds awesome :)
I hope your mom agrees to go back to Melbourne!
Damnit, another form of cultural food that I have yet to taste... :( Nope, never had Vietnamese :(
See, I'm claustrophobic so I would've been hypervantalating in all those small spaces :/
Haha, agree, dying your sleep with your head on some chocolate is the best way to go :)
I think it would be good for your mom to go with you :)
Maybe I'll asked my mom to take me to Wicked?
I'm so super glad you're so happy.
love you.
im jealous
i wanna see Wicked
i wanna i wanna i wanna!!!
im so jealous i might stop texting, though it just toook me like half an hour to reply to your text
AND i have never had vietnamese food!
though my favorite foreign food is mexican, man do they know how to eat!
i love you sam! :D
also, i got christmas cards today :)
Cool Blog!
Post a Comment