Thursday, August 20, 2009

Things seem so much easier now that I've made a decision.

I'm not needed.
People say they care but they'll get over it with time - not much time, even. I'm not the kind of person that's usually missed.

Right now I face four options.
Option 1: Go along with Mum to hospital on Sunday, get checked in and left there. I doubt she'll come back for me.
Option 2: Refuse to go, and get sent away to some strange school where I'll live with people I don't know.
Option 3: See if I'm lucky and possibly stay here and live in misery until I can afford to move out.
Option 4: My option. My choice, my decision.

I need to be able to control my life in some way.
It's a lot easier now because there are less people that care.
People still care but as I said, they'll move on.

I see fewer and fewer reasons to stay with every day I wake up to.
Fewer and fewer people who notice.
More people I hurt, more people to miss,
And so much less I can do about it.

There's a lot more happening than what I tell people.
Everyone, really.
I don't mean to keep it from them, but why bother them any more than I already have? It's not like it will help them or myself by burdening people.

What good do I do, anyway?
Nothing.
I'm just self-centred and annoying and shallow-minded and a whole bunch of other equally attractive attributes.

I'm glad I didn't speak to many people tonight.
Because I'm also very weak-minded.
I'm shutting off all communication.
Phone, off.
Computer, off.
No discussion.
They're not going to talk me out of this.
I love them so much but I have to do this.

How disappointing.
I know so many strong people
So many people who have gone through worse and still smile and keep going.
How sad that I'm too weak to cope with this.
It disappoints me.
But that's life I guess.

Still yet to decide when Option 4 will happen.
Before Sunday I suppose.
Tuesday's the 2nd anniversary of this blog.
Was nice while it lasted.

I really hope this happens.
I wouldn't stand being in hospital.
Or being homeless afterwards - being alive and alone and having known friendship and happiness and knowing what I've lost, that I deserve what I've lost and that I'll never get it back.
I can't face that.
I'm too weak, too selfish, too hurtful.

4 comments:

Marri said...

sam.

if im understanding correctly, then I know what you're talking about.

don't.

you probably won't even get this comment because you've shut everything down.

im sorry i havent been around and im sorry i failed in helping you and im sorry you feel like our friendship fell apart.

please dont.

i care about you, we care about you, people care about you.

please.

xxx

lanna-lovely said...

Everything I say is going to sound like such a cliche (but hey, it's a cliche because it's usually true) -- as much as things suck right now, they DO get better... it might not be tomorrow or a month from now, but they do and you'll be glad you stuck around for the good things (don't get me wrong, it won't be all rainbows and butterflies, it'll still suck sometimes too but the good stuff makes it worth it.)

And trust me, you may think people don't care or that you're forgettable or something but trust me, you're not and if you care at all about the people in your life then you wouldn't hurt them like that because losing you will hurt them worse than anything else you could do and it's not something they'll ever get over or be able to just forget, really, you'll break them and they'll have to live with that for the rest of their lives.

-Lanna

Christine said...

I'm texting you when I get into town, alot.
I'm hoping you won't be able to resist the urge to turn on your phone.
Take it from someone who knows, life sucks, parents suck but there's good things, there might not be many good things but there are some. You have to live for the little good things and then everything will get better.
Don't go to hospital.
Don't take option 4.

I'm serious about seeing if you can move in with me when I get a unit.


x

ni said...

the girls have said everything i could possibly have said that might help you.

and i really tried to write something else down here, an i love you and a 'do what you have to do' sort of thing, because i love you enough that if it is the only thing that will ever make you happy then i guess you have to do it, but i can't say that because i don't mean it and i don't want you to just take your fucking option four, i couldn't bear it.

and maybe i'm being weak but i don't give a fuck. i can't even give you advice because i just don't know how.

you're hurting me, sam. you're hurting all of us and i can't even be nice to you in this because its hurting me so fucking much i don't even think this is making sense but you won't read it anyway so i may as well give up.

maybe in a moment of weakness you'll read this, i don't know.
i just don't have the strength to tell you no when you seem so made up about it. so, however stupid i am being by not fighting and rambling on through my tears, i am going to tell you goodbye.

i love you sam. and wherever your life or death takes you, i hope you'll be happier. this is probably too late, so just know that i loved you so so so much, and wherever you go, a little piece of me is going to go with you.