Flew to Sydney on Thursday night.
Pa picked us up, pretty much went straight to bed.
Friday morning wasn't good.
Indi was in tears and it started raining before we went out.
Being dressed all in black makes it look and feel even worse.
When we got to the church they were taking her coffin out. There were so many flowers.
We were told to sit in the front row inside.
There were literally hundreds of people there.
First up the minister called Kayla, Xavier, Indi and I up. We each put a rose on her coffin.
Then we sat down and a few people gave speeches.
There was a slideshow with some really gorgeous pictures of her. I might put them up later.
Then we released butterflies and Mum, Yasmin and Victor went to the crematorium. Pa drove Pembi, Kayla, Indi and I back to Yasmin's place after Bec and Yaz's brother sang this really pretty song as Maya's coffin was driven off.
At the wake Pembi kept asking me to eat and I talked with Sonya, Xavier, Brian and a few girls I didn't know for a while. The girls were asking about my past relationships and being all encouraging. It was weird.
There was another slideshow and everybody cried.
Yasmin got home and she had finally broken down.
Pembi's mother called Nana over to her and said she had a beautiful granddaughter whilst pointing to me, then called Mum over and said much of the same. It was strange.
When we left I felt really drained of energy. Still do.
I just don't want to feel emotions right now.
I want a hug and someone to tell me what to do and what to say.
We're back in Brisbane now, Mum and Dad are fighting.
Mum doesn't wear her wedding ring anymore.
Dad's been coughing up blood.
I wonder if one of my friends would stay here for a few days.
That'd be nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment