Saturday, August 25, 2007

Hi There. :)

Hey guys.

My name's Sam, and I've decided to start this blog. My main reason for doing this is to improve my writing skills, because in a few years time, I hope to be a published author. At the moment, though, I'm still in school. Okay, so I'll tell you a little about me.

First of all-- Sam stands for Samantha. I just thought I'd clear that up, lol. I'm 14-- so I'm in the ninth grade. My life is pretty average and uneventful, so if you get bored, you may as well leave.

I'm a creative person, generally: I love writing, reading, drawing, listening to and playing music, and performing. If I didn't have some way to be creative, I'd be pretty miserable and not much fun to be around.

My friends are great. I'm not going to post their real names on here, for obvious reasons, so I need some time to think of fake ones. Basically, my friends are my reason to live. They are the people who I look forward to seeing each and every day, and regret leaving before I go home. They make school fun, and they keep me motivated to do what I want to do.

I should probably tell you what I'm up to at the moment. Well, right now, it's nearing the end of Term 3 at school, so there's a HEAP of work to be done. I think I have four speeches and three assignments in the next three weeks. This might mean that I can't post EVERY DAY, but I promise that I will try my best.

Now, my most treasured possession and prized creation would have to be my book. I'm not going to tell you what it's called, or even what it's about (sorry), but maybe you'll be able to read it someday yourselves. I've been writing it for five years, since I was nine years old, so it's getting to be pretty long. I think I've worked it out to having more words than the second Harry Potter book, so far. But of course, it's not as good, lol. "Quality over quantity", yeah, yeah.

So, right now it's Saturday, my absolute favourite day of the week. It's also one of my best friends' birthdays. Monday is ANOTHER friends' birthday, and their party is tomorrow. I guess I'll tell you about it tomorrow night.

Oh, another thing. I live in Australia, so if you were thinking "Did she spell 'favourite' right?", yeah, I did. xP

At the moment, it's Winter (sigh), but only for six more days. Yay! Then it shall be Spring, which is the awesomest season to be invented! (Don't even bother trying to correct me)

Right now (quite literally) I'm learning a Beethoven piece on the piano, which is kinda hard to do with a laptop on your lap, but hey, what the hell? I can multi-task.

Well, so far, I think I've said enough. If it bored you, first of all, I'm incredibly sorry. Secondly, don't bother reading another post. Many will be like this, except, less introductory, I suppose.

I'll try and reply to comments every time I post, as well, because I don't want to be writing to you guys and not acknoledging that you exist, do I? Some feedback on my writing would be great, as well. Oh, and if anyone has the time, could you help me with ideas for fake names? Probably about ten of them: 5 girls, 5 guys, geddit? Pretty easy. It would be much appreciated. x]

And lastly, I'm not going to post pictures. Sam IS my real name, but that and the fact that I live in Oz, is going to be almost all of the personal info I tell you (except, of course, about my life, but you know what I mean, right?)

So I will bid you all farewell in the hope that someone will read this. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I read this!
You sound really cool, and I'm going to bookmark this so I can see it everytime I want. And I won't forget.

Some fake names:

Andrew
Josh
Cynthia
Symone
Yvonne
Johnny
That's just the first names that came to my mind! LOL!

I have family that live in Australia. I really want to visit for a long time, maybe during the winter some time. I live in Canada, and it's summer here. June to August, it's summer. September to November, it's Fall. December to March it's winter. April and May is spring.

Okay well bye!

Anonymous said...

Hey! =D
Nice blog. Its awesome that you're writing a book, I hope to become an author too, one day. I havent actually written anything yet, but I've got some ideas.
I was going to post a longer comment but I have to go now, lol.
See you.
Emy. oxo