It hurts.
It hurts so much to have someone mean everything to you and them to not want you in their life anymore.
I can't explain how that's ripping me apart.
I'm not angry.
Just so alarmingly sad, so disappointed in myself, and so very alone.
It's my fault. That's all there is to it. It's no one's fault but mine, and I will never let myself forget that.
I feel like I'm singing the green parts in this song and the person who's meant to sing with me isn't there anymore.
I'm limited,
Just look at me - I'm limited.
And just look at you -
You can do all I couldn't do.
So now it's up to you
For both of us - now it's up to you...
I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason,
Bringing something we must learn.
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow,
If we let them,
And we help them in return.
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true,
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you.
Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun.
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood.
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you,
I have been changed for good.
It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime,
So let me say before we part:
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you.
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart.
And now whatever way our stories end,
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend...
Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea.
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood.
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you,
Because I knew you,
(Both) I have been changed for good.
And just to clear the air,
I ask forgiveness
For the thing I've done you blame me for.
But then, I guess we know
There's blame to share.
(Both) And none of it seems to matter anymore
Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun.
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood.
Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea.
Like a seed dropped by a bird in the wood.
(Both) Who can say if I've been
Changed for the better?
I do believe I have been
Changed for the better...
And because I knew you...
Because I knew you...
(Both) Because I knew you...
I have been changed for good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment