Sunday, January 25, 2009

200th.

Aaaagh.

I'm so sick of those who think they know better about people they've never met. It's so annoying when they act as if they've got better judgement and treat me like I can't think for myself. That's happened twice this week already.
If you're wondering, I mean Kasey (formerly known as K) and my sister.

Sorry to waste anyone's time but this is going to be a rant post, I'm feeling really sick and exhausted at the moment and I just need to write it all down so that I don't yell it at someone instead.

Firstly, tomorrow's the last day of school holidays, and in some ways, I'm not dreading school (there hasn't been much to do, lately), but in some ways, I feel like it's the end of the world-- which it isn't, obviously.
I don't know what this year's going to be like. Last year I was on a bit of a slippery slope and I feel like I've somewhat regained composure over the holidays. I want that to last, otherwise I'm not sure what's going to happen.

Different note. I've been taking painkillers since before I could talk, for various medical reasons, and at the moment I've been feeling really sick and nauseous and whatever. Painkillers that once worked don't anymore. For all they're good they could be sugar tablets. Unfortunately, that means that I've been taking a bit too many of them (about triple the maximum recommended dose, :S) and it's probably not good. In the past 76 hours I've probably had over 50 of them, and I shouldn't be having more than 6 a day. They're not normal painkillers. Still, they haven't helped at all.

At the moment I'm that annoyed from feeling so sick that I've started telling people off when they say things incorrectly. (I realise I shouldn't use excuses for treating people improperly, but eh...) I don't usually do that; I don't pay attention to badly used English or I ignore it. It's stupid, but when I'm upset, people with bad grammar really annoy me. (You know... if they're not my friends.)
Earlier, I was talking to this guy and he was telling me a story, and at one point said that he "could care less" about someone; I actually had to stop typing for a while so as not to point it out.
I'm annoying like that. The "I could care less" one really gets to me 'cause it's just not logical. If you could care less it means that you care somewhat. The actual term is, "I couldn't care less," 'cause it means that you care the least amount possible.
See? I really didn't have to say all that.

Anyways. This must be a sucky post to read, if anyone's reading it. Sorry. I just feel like I'm halfway through the year rather than just beginning. I'm already stressed and I'm still on holidays. Go figure.

Oh, there's a "Friends" marathon tomorrow, :D I probably won't be able to watch much, but it's still cool.
And last week, up til today, there was a special on the National Geographic channel called Shark Week, where they show a bunch of programs about sharks, obviously. I've been watching a lot of them, because since I was really little, I've been very interested in sharks. They're just really... I dunno, they're fun to learn about. Did I tell you guys about the time I almost fell into a shark tank? xD
Anyway, I've been dead scared of them since the thought of death actually became real to me (y'know how kids don't really pay attention to mortality?), but I still like to learn about them. I think I might go diving with them one day or something...
Well, my point is, I watched this really good documentary today called "Sharkman". Funny name... but basically, it's this guy who's researching a thing called tonic immobility, which is a deep sleep-like state that sharks can go into if you touch them on their nose or flip them upside down. It doesn't hurt them, they actually enjoy it. It was really cool because he tried it out on Great White Sharks (have you seen those things? They're huge!), and the sharks actually had personalities. They let him swim alongside them and run his hand along their noses.
I'm rambling. Sorry, I just find sharks cool.
Point is, if it ever comes up on tv again and you get the chance to see it, please do! It was really awesome.

Alright, I've run out of things to say.
I guess I'll post after my first day of school. :S

Love you guys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with everything you've written here. I get that you want to go to school and you don't at the same time. I get that you're stressed and all.

I do like sharks :) I've already heard of that deep sleep thing.

Cassie says hi, by the way. And she hopes you feel better :)

Same with me. I know how you feel about the pills, because when I take them they make me feel worse and all that :(

loveyou.

mia said...

I'm always excited/not excited to go to school on the first day.
There's good things about going back, and there's awful ones too.
It's normal to feel that way.

About the painkillers, maybe you should see a doctor or someone about it?
I mean, if they don't help, you probably could get different ones that do?

I know what you mean about the correcting people's grammar. I'm like that too, when I'm annoyed or mad at someone. I feel the need to correct everything they say and just be a smart-ass. :/

I don't know why, but lately in English class we've been reading a lot of newspaper article's about shark attacks in Australia. :/ They scare me!
But they're pretty cool if you get past the fact that they can kill you quite easily.

So yeahh, I hope your first day goes well!

Oh and did I ever tell you I like your blog URL?
'Causee I doo! :)
<3