Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Larry the popcorn-eating finger puppet.

Hmm.
What word can I use to sum up today?
Long?
...Yep.

I got up at 5:30 for some unknown reason, left for school at 7:30 and, surprisingly, there was no traffic, so I got to school ridiculously early. Walked around for a while, went to talk to Kate and Missy... well, sort of.

At 8:45 we all went to a full school assembly in the Activities' Centre, all 1670 of us. Squishy. Ugh, I hate full school assemblies.
My old Science teacher also told me I was getting taller. He does that a lot.
It also rained and so everyone who'd left their bags outside were groaning cause their bags got saturated. My bag found it quite amusing ;D

At 9:30 the year 11's (that would be me) went to B Block and had a half-hour year assembly. My foot kept falling asleep and I'd get bad pins and needles. That was about the most exciting thing that happened. I sat with Simone, May and Sarina. May was civil and the other two seemed happy to see me.

At 10 we went to extended Form, where we got our timetables and nominated Form Captains (blech). It used to be that the Form Captains went up and got the roll in the mornings before Form, but as of last year it's all on computer, so they basically have nothing to do. I don't really see the point of having Form Captains anymore, but there you go.

Form ended at Morning Tea and Sarina and I walked to the bookroom to get my school diary, but the line was too long, so we left. We walked up to J Block and met up with our group surrounded by a sea of Year 8's. ...Curse them. Apparently they'd been told to sit there. So now it's us... and about three hundred year 8's. xD Well, maybe not that many, not all of them sit there.
Guess who I saw? Kasey's sister. Mhm. She starts this year. I think when I saw her I shrieked, I know Ellie did. Lmao.
Ugh... she's worse than her sister in some ways. She goes beyond the borders of animal cruelty, seriously. When I was in grade 5/6 or whatever and went to Kasey's house, her sister would push her guinea pigs of the top of the car or drop them into a bath full of water; I swear to god I almost stole all of their animals just to save them from the torture. It was really sad :(
Anyways, yeah. Saw her.

When I walked up to the group about four people screamed my name and all of the year 8's jumped, I laughed so much. Then I was having about eight conversations at once and people were passing around my timetable to see if I was in a class with them.
I've got,
*Chemistry with Dani and Chante,
*Ancient History with Sarah, Yibing and Simone,
*Maths with Megan and Dani,
*Biology with Missy and Rya,
*Physics with... no one, so far,
*and English with Yibing and a couple of other people I know, but I don't like her or them very much and they don't like me much either.

After Morning Tea, Dani and I walked to Maths and met up with Megan; I sit next to her since our teacher made us sit in alphabetical order... for some reason. He's really cool, though. He spent the 35 minutes talking about skiing and America (he's American) and stuff.

Then I had English, which I wasn't really looking forward to since I've got no friends in that class :( But it was... okay, we're reading "To Kill a Mockingbird" this term, we read the first chapter in class (it took the teacher an HOUR to read it! 16 pages!) and yeah... boring. Not the story, the class.

At lunch I had to call work to see what days I'm working this week; she asked me to work this afternoon, great. Ehhh...
Then lunch was... okay. A bit lonely since Ellie talked to me for like a minute then that was the end of our conversation for the whole day. Alrighty then...
I talked to Jess, Chante and Danielle, though. Jess was playing the "Bob" game on my Hiptop xD She kept dying and yelling "WHY IS LIFE SO HARD?!" Lmao.

Then I had Chemistry... walked up to the classroom and the teacher handed me a picture of Superman. Go figure. Apparently we had to find the table that matched our card. Which means, seating plan. Ugh. Then we spent an hour playing that game where one person says their name and a piece of information, then the second person says the first person's name and the information and then their own, and so on... I was like the fifteenth person so it was hard to remember, especially since she was just picking people at random. Lol.

After that Mum messaged me saying that her car had broken down, so she couldn't drive me to work, and Dad was coming but he'd be late, and I waited for him for half an hour and then went to work... finished at 5:30, got home at 6:15-ish, and yeah...
You know what sucks, though? I only had two classes that I actually did "work" in, and I had an hour and a half's worth of homework. On the first day, sheesh! Oh well.

Now it's 10:46 and I seriously need to go to sleep. Tomorrow's Wednesday = bludge day. We have two lessons, then Assembly, LED (life ed), and sport. We have to pick our sports tomorrow, I think.

Cya guys <3

2 comments:

Marri said...

wow, very long day for you!

good luck for tomorrow!

mia said...

It doesn't sound like your day was too bad.. I'm glad it wasn't.

I hate school assemblies too. We just sit on the ground for an hour and listen to the ramblings of the stupid lady who's in charge of the school.
Someone should throw pie in her face.. Well no, pie is too good.

We're also reading To Kill a Mockingbird. I haven't been paying attention at all though, so I don't really know what it's about. :/

Hope your day tomorrow's better.
xxxx