Lemme see if I've got the gist of this; correct me if I'm wrong (I've only read Nia's post and Mia's explanation; I can't read Caz's blog cause it's private/was the last time I checked).
You guys think blogging is to blame (at least partially) for feeling depressed?
I dunno why any of you would think that. Like, I seriously have not read the explanations, I'm not trying to be condescending. I just don't understand.
It doesn't seem very logical to me. Because basically what's being said is that we should all just bottle things up for two weeks. Yeah, I heard about the keeping-a-log idea, but that's really nothing in comparison to having an actual person (or group of people) to empathise with you and cheer you up and all that.
I dunno about you guys, but knowing that there are people I can talk to about anything makes me feel a lot better. And I'd miss you guys if I didn't blog for two weeks.
I understand that some of you think that reading about other people being depressed might make you feel worse, and yes, it very well might, but stopping that is not going to fix all of our problems. And I don't know about the rest of you, but cutting off all communication from you guys is going to seriously isolate me and make me worse than I was a few weeks ago. I need contact right now, and without you guys, who do I have?
Reading your blogs doesn't make me depressed. When they're unhappy posts, it upsets me, sure, but it also makes me want to help, and I'm partially glad that I at least know what's going on in your lives, because not knowing makes me uneasy. And I hate to say it, but listening to other people's problems is going to happen in our lives whether we choose to-- like with blogging-- or not.
And whether someone drew a line between thinking, "Hey, we've all been getting fairly depressed, and we all have blogging in common: it must be blogging that's making us depressed," or not, I dunno. I'm still confused about this whole thing.
If there's some really really obvious thing that's been pointed out and I've been stupid and overlooked it, sorry. But I'm just failing to understand. That is probably my fault.
So. I know this is just supposed to be a trial, but what exactly do you guys expect to happen?
All I see is a bunch of people being miserable for two weeks.
I know I'd be. I don't think I'll go through with it, unless any of you actually want me to stop blogging, in which case, okay. If you think us all stopping for two weeks has the chance of making anyone better, of course I'll help.
But I don't see how any good could come of this.
Just think about it, yeah?
If you all decide that this is for the best, okay.
I dunno. Maybe I'm being selfish. But this just doesn't seem like the right answer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I don't ENTIRELY blame blogger. Because, why would we all be blogging and reading other posts if it really WAS the problem. If it makes me more depressed after reading it, then I feel better after writing and getting comments.
i completely agree with you.
i don't see how any of this is going to solve anyone's problems.
the only thing it will do, is help anyone who participates decide wether or not they're better off without blogger.
i don't know why anyone would be, though. we do absorb other people's negativity, and sometimes it might even trigger our depression.. but blogging is also the solution.
i can't not talk to you guys for two weeks. but if someone thinks it will help them, i won't contact them.
i'm not leaving everyone else, though.
i agree.
sorry for the lame comment...not well.
xxx
i agree with you sammy. i went without blogging for a couple of months cause of the whole privacy thing and it sucked. sometimes yu need to talk to people who are'nt people from school. complicated, cant think of right words. personally i dont think this will solve anyones problems.
Post a Comment