Sunday, January 24, 2010

I'll call you Dragon if you call me Cicada

Had a really good day today.
Woke up at 7 which was a bit of a shock, I think it's the earliest I've been up in weeks. Had breakfast and got ready and then Caity picked me up at 9.
Emmy and Darci were behind us in the car with Josh, and this guy called Callum was sitting next to Caity.
It took us about half an hour to get to Chermside. We got to walk straight through cause we had wristbands, then we found our tables and put sunscreen on. Caity and I got changed and then we went up to the biggest slides.
The park was sorta small but fairly fun. There were 3 big slides, a single-person undercover one and a single-person un-convered one, and a double-person mix type slide. The double was closed at first so we went down the singles and also hung around the pool and jump deck, we watched people jump and laughed when they splashed heaps.
We also went down the smaller slides that were really steep and didn't meet the water at the end so you dropped about 2 metres through the air.
When the double opened up Caity and I would wait in line, then take the tube and go up the stairs to the ride. We took turns sitting at the front or back. At first when we went down we didn't go very fast cause neither of us wanted to lean forward, but by like the 3rd time we were speeding down. At the fifth time or so when the tube hit the pool at the end we both flew off it and it tipped onto us, it was hilarious.
Also one time on the singles Tracey, Craig and Emmy were behind us in line, I was waiting to be told I could go down the slide and Tracey and Craig were calling at me, then Emmy started dancing and calling my name, I laughed so much. She's so cute.
There was also this pool that had a rope hanging above it and lilypad type things on the surface and you had to hold the rope and try to jump from one lilypad to the next, they were like 3 metres apart sometimes and it was slippery so it was difficult but I couldn't stop laughing.
When we were swimming away from the lilypads after falling off we saw Emmy in the pool clinging to the side and yelling "SAAAAAMMY!" over and over waiting for me to help XD Caity was like "Oh, fine, don't ask for your ACTUAL sister!" lmao.
We all got really burnt, Emmy was the worst and then Caity and me even though we put sunscreen on twice. My hands, arms, feet and face got super burnt and my legs aren't so bad but still pink.
At 4.30 or so we left and on the way back we got icecream from Maccas :D
Then they dropped me off and I was awake at home for like half an hour and then crashed til 8.30, lol. I was so tired.
All in all a fairly excellent day :)

No comments: