Friday, January 8, 2010

You mixed me up for someone who'd fall apart without you

But yeah you, broke my heart, for the first time
But I'll get over that too.

---

Been listening to my old Delta Goodrem CD a lot. It's a bit weird but makes me reminisce.
AND OMG!
I got the coolest book...well, actually, Lewis lent it to me, but I'm gonna post some parts here:

*

She watched him collect the broken glass, and saw a flash of bone between his shirtsleeve and glove. He stood, looking back at her.
"Where should I put all this glass?"
"I don't know," Stephanie said in a quiet voice. "You're a skeleton."
"I am indeed," he said. "Gordon used to keep a wheelie bin out at the back door. Shall I put it in that?"

*

"You can't leave me alone," she said, following him into the living room.
"Yes," he corrected, "I can. You'll be perfectly safe."
"The front door's off!"
"Well, yes. You'll be perfectly safe as long as they don't come through the front door."
He pulled on his coat but she snatched his hat away.
"Are you taking my hat hostage?" he asked doubtfully.
"You're either staying here to make sure no one else attacks me or you're taking me with you."
Skulduggery froze. "That," he said eventually, "wouldn't be too safe for you."
"Neither would being left here on my own."
"But you can hide," he said, gesturing around the room. "There's so many places to hide. I'm sure there are plenty of good solid wardrobes your size. Even under a bed. You'd be surprised how many people don't check under beds these days."
"Mr Pleasant -"
"Skulduggery, please."
"Skulduggery, you saved my life tonight. Are you going to undo all that effort by leaving me here so someone else can come along and just kill me?"
"That's a very defeatist attitude you've got there. I once knew a fellow, a little older than you. He wanted to join me in my adventures, wanted to solve mysteries that beggared belief. He kept asking, kept on at me about it. He finally proved himself, after a long time, and we became partners."
"And did you go on to have lots of exciting adventures?"
"I did. He didn't. He died on our very first case together. Horrible death. Messy too. Lots of flailing around."
"Well, I don't plan on dying any time soon and I've got something he didn't."
"And that is...?"
"Your hat. Take me with you or I'll stand on it."

*

That took a while to write up.

Anyway, I had a good day yesterday and today. And tomorrow will be good. So will Sunday.
:)

Yesterday I went to Southbank with Caity. We walked around for a while, got lunch at a restaurant and then saw "It's Complicated", which was pretty funny. It was good catching up with her.
Today Lewis came over :) It was really nice. We stayed in my room, talked, among other things but I'm not going into that. I was sad when he left. I'm seeing him on Sunday and I'm actually beyond belief excited.
Tomorrow I'm seeing Jess and Matt and getting my Christmas present from them. It's late because they ordered it from somewhere but oh well :) I get a Christmas present.
Didn't get my laptop today for stupid reasons. But hopefully soon.

I'm so happy right now, everything's going too well.

No comments: