Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Dad stayed over last night.
Mum was out and when she got home she slept on the couch.
He didn't leave this morning.
I left for school and he picked me up at 1.30.
When we got home Mum was crying. I hugged her and Dad disappeared, Mum completely broke down. After I'd hugged her for about 10 minutes he came in the room and went off at me because my maths teacher had called. I told him it wasn't an issue right now. He kept yelling and Mum said she'd sort it out. Mum asked me to give them 5 minutes to talk so I left the room but kind of hovered around the closed door in case something happened.
For a good 15 minutes there was just yelling and screaming. He said some awful things and she cried.
After that I figured it'd just be yelling so I moved a bit further away from the door.
Then I heard glass break, well I thought it was glass but I hadn't quite heard. There wasn't any yell of pain so I gave it the benefit of the doubt. I heard more stuff being thrown around and thought maybe Dad was just angrily packing the rest of the stuff he had here.
Then I heard Dad yell "you want me to fucking smash your fucking face in? Cause I fucking will!" and I bolted into the room and the mirror was all smashed up, Dad was full on standing over Mum with her laptop folded up and he was holding it like he was about to beat her with it. So I yelled at him "OI-- get AWAY." He told me to fuck off. Then I yelled at him to get AWAY and get out. He put the laptop down and started yelling more, threw a phone at Mum and moved towards me. I told him to get out again and he left the room, slamming the door.
I comforted Mum for 5 minutes and then heard him open the door again.
He said to Mum, "Don't bother waiting the six months and by the way if I had fucked Tonya I wouldn't be running back here," with the scariest look on his face, then he slammed the door, left the house and drove off.
Mum cried for a long time, then explained that she'd wanted a 6 month separation period before they talked about divorce but neither of them want to wait anymore. She also told me about Dad's on and off heroin addiction that's been going on for 20 odd years, he was shooting up the night Maya died, he was calling drug dealers at 5.30 in the morning but never called us. He's been staying at a woman's house and basically got drunk and high on prescription drugs and heroin and then came over here and told Mum she was a cold-hearted bitch, a bad mother and no one would ever love her.
I don't want to see him again.

I thought about calling Christine so I could talk to someone but she moved yesterday so she's probably busy with that or working or something.

I think we need to get a mirror-repairer man.

1 comment:

Christine Woodward said...

I texted you yesterday it was a bit late though so I'm not sure if you got it =/

Next time ring me, I don't care if I'm busy, you need to ring me.

I love you