Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Happy Birthday Smudgels <3

Wow, guys.
Something happened last night that’s seriously never happened before.

We did something as a family.

I know that might sound stupid, but we’re always too busy to spend time with each other, let alone have fun and stuff.

So last night, Mum and Ind started singing John Lennon’s War is Over song… and then Dad came home and we all started singing it (seriously, I never had us pegged as one of those happy-happy-Christmas-singing families, never ever ever), and it was such a difference to what we usually do that I recorded it on my phone.

We’re such spazzes, and our singing is pretty bad, but I keep listening to it; it makes me smile :]

You might think I’m being stupid and overreacting about one song that we sang together (which, alone, sounds sorta retarded anyway, considering me xD) but you have no idea how special that moment was.

Anywho, it was really hilarious, cause my dad kept being stupid and making comments that would make everyone laugh, it’s fun to listen to, xD

Anyways, I think something was in the punch we all drank, LOL, cause after that Mum was talking about “life”, and “fate”, and “death” and so on, rather philosophically, actually. It was a really weird night, but very special to me.

Well, there was really no point in that.

So, today. Christmas… hmmm… Well, I know some of you guys may not celebrate Christmas, and I usually wouldn’t talk about the stuff I got ‘cause it’d make me feel like a spoilt brat, but I may as well, so don’t judge me.

I woke up this morning to my mum going, “WAKE UUUUP! WAKE UUUUP! IT’S CHRISTMAAAAAS!”
See, that’s what I never saw coming. Revenge for all those early Christmas mornings I’d start by jumping on their bed to wake them up. Damn the teenage years. So after Mum starting jumping on my bed, I decided I should humor her and actually get up.
Which, in the end, turned out to be a wise decision.
Okay, so it took forever to unwrap, but I got… (once again, DON’T JUDGE ME, I did not ask for this stuff! I asked for ONE thing!)
*A digital video camera
*An iPod Nano with the widescreen thingy
*Singstar: Pop hits
*Scrubs Season 1 (how could you not see that coming?)
*Two awesome Elmo t-shirts :D
*$500 in my bank account
*A $50 prepaid visa card
*A $50 prepaid gold class movie ticket thing
*A journal (I always get one of them, they like to encourage me to write…)
*And a random book

I think I got a handkerchief as well, xD Random.

I just looked at it all and was like “Omigosh…”
-.- Now I feel verrry spoilt.

But the bright side is that all the presents I bought for other people were like $50 and up.

So I dwelt on my new possessions for a while; Ind and I sang a few songs on Singstar, my mum and dad went to sleep, we started watching Scrubs… then we went for a late lunch at our friends’ house.
Basically I hung out with their youngest kid, she’s so cute and every time I come over she repeatedly tells me that I’m her best friend. It’s sweet. I swear she looks like a four year old but she’s turning seven next year, O_o Who woulda thought.
Anywho, after a couple of hours of that we went home; Mum and Ind and I sang Singstar while Dad slept, then we had a dinner of whatever-the-hell-we-wanted (in case you’re wondering, Cheezels and ice cream). And… well, Bridget (my dog) has been really depressed lately, :[ It makes me sad, cause I dunno what’s up. So I was trying to cheer her up, but I keep getting this weird horrible feeling that something’s happened or something’s ABOUT to happen. And whenever I get those feelings, they’re right. Like, if I think a pet’s sick, they’re sick. If I think they need to see a vet, they end up needing surgery— and not even the vet thinks so at first, so don’t think we neglect our animals.
x.x I hate it when they get sick.

Omigod, it was so weird; I went to the back door and looked outside earlier tonight, and I saw this huge spider right in front of my face, and obviously I screamed hysterically (which I seem to be doing a lot…), but apparently it was REALLY hysterical, cause my dog woke up, jumped over the couch, ran to the back room and to me, barking madly. And then I assured her I was okay and we went and ate ice cream, lmao.

Speaking of savior dogs, I remember when (good start to a long story… JK, hahaha) I was in Grade 4, and we had a journal we had to write in everyday. Don’t get me wrong, I was ecstatic that we could write, but I dunno if you guys know this: when I was that age, I was totally into writing fantasy. I mean, that’s when I started writing my book— in Grade 4. That’s why my book is a fantasy. Whoa. Have I told you guys that?
Anyways, I wasn’t very interested in writing boring normal stuff, so I used to make up amazing stories about my “life” and write them down. Okay, I’m sure my teacher probably saw through my *very true* recount of how my dog was a super-hero and I was a famous psychic who fought crime by night, but it helped me to learn. I guess I’ve just always had that craving to write stories. I doubt it’ll ever go away. My point is… uh… I forget. I just typed my thoughts.
And I didn’t make up those stories to LIE, it was because— seriously, how can a nine-year-old write three pages about their life everyday? How, I ask? Besides, it was more fun. :]
And anyway, the only time I got in trouble was when I told my teacher I couldn’t play soccer ‘cause I had a super-rare disease that they were testing me for, and if I ran around it’d make my arms fall off. But that’s another story for another time. Actually, I just told it. O_o I’m talking too much.

Well, anywho, good news is that Mrs Smith hasn’t murdered anyone else. Good sign, I know. And Indi liked the fish. And the saxophone. And the tv. And… the dvd player. And, uh, the dvd. See, I’m not the only one who gets spoilt!

I was just thinking about what you guys would think if you heard that recording of us all singing, xD it would be interesting to know what you thought…
Unfortunately (or fortunately?) the way it uploaded made it unable to edit or anything. >:l Stupid computer.
Well, I’m gonna try and edit it or SOMETHING, cause it’s bugging me. If you don’t wanna hear it, say now. xD It’ll take a while though, so whatever.

Well, I randomly did this random test quiz thing on the internet, tell me if you think it describes me. :D
I won’t post all of it, cause it’s a really long profile.

FPYC temperament type: EIFS - Encouraging, cooperative, enthusiastic, sensitive to others, hard working, creative, expressive, loyal.

Dominant intelligences: Logical Mathematical, Interpersonal, Linguistic, Intrapersonal and Musical.

Dominant abilities: Verbal Language, Teaching and Coaching, Written Language, Interpersonal Effectiveness, Caring and Serving and Self Awareness.

Fields of Work: Healthcare support, Education, training and library and Legal.

Knowledge worker status: Level 2 Knowledge Worker - Knowledge User and Creator.

“First and foremost you are an outgoing type who likes to be well organised and who thrives on high energy activities dealing with other people.
You can see all sorts of possibilities in all situations and you are often scornful of the ordinary and mundane. [Hint: Grade 4 stories, hint]
Your career prospects would be best where you are able to use your abilities in ways where you can express your inner values in creative ways. [By the way, to whoever wrote this, nice English]
You would perform work well that gives you the opportunity for self-expression and creativity. If you are denied this opportunity then you are likely to find your work situations stressful and unsatisfying.”

See? SEE?!?! I can’t concentrate if I haven’t written anything! Now do you guys believe me?! The automated answer speaks the truth!

xD Mhm. Anywho, I gotta go. I’m tired.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

<3

~Sammy, AKA The Elmo Groupie (it's on my new t-shirt, shuddup)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

xo hi hi xo
LOL you put the Elmo Groupie on the comment you left me and I was like "what the.....?"
Oohh I have those feelings too, except I don't just feel them. I feel them and then I have a dream to do with them and all mii dreams usaully come true. (I mean the ones about the feelings, if all of mii dreams came true mii life would be much different. Better.)

Yea, when I was lil I wanted to be an author, now I just write for fun. That's why I started mii blog. It's training me. I've learned to ask tons of questions. Even if Im annoying when I do ;) . And I think I got better at mii writing. Do you?

I hate it when mii pets get sick too. It scares me. It makes me have awful dreams.

It's okay to name what you got. It's actually called "appreciating your gifts". Most of mii gifts are coming after christmas so yea.

Yep I do want to hear the audio thing. Pleeeaaaaasssseeeee?

Where'd you get that internet test random thing?

I better go now.

xo bi bi xo

Christine Woodward said...

sounds like you had a fun christmas =]

its good that you and your family got to have some fun together, thats like our family we're generally to busy with our seperate lives to have fun as a family but ohwell.

wow! lucky you getting all that stuff for christmas!!

well i hope your feeling isnt right because thats not good.

i hope you can end up eventually putting that recording on here =D

xxo

leesh_xx said...

lol yeah well we had a famil day, which was slightly more than awquard. see my parents fought over who got to have me on christmas day and neither one so they had to spend the day together :O Just a hint they are divorced ;)
Well they were resonably civil so it was good.
IM so glad that all the fishys are okaay :)
YESH i got spoilt to =]

xx