Monday, December 24, 2007

I need a new sign... "Beware of the fish"

Hey guys.

GASP! CHRISTMAS TOMORROW! GASP!

Okay, so I've given up keeping Indi's present secret from you all. So lemme explain. (Leesha, you so don't have to read this if you don't want to, xD)

So yesterday when Mum and I went shopping we decided for my present to Indi I could get her some goldfish. And the trouble started from there.
So we were in K-Mart when we thought of this, and I was like, "Okay, well, temporarily, we can call it Mr Smith, until we give it to her," and Mum agreed. ... I give things such random names. O.o

So we got a glass bowl sorta thing from K-Mart and some fish stuff, and went down to the pet store. We got a white goldfish with a patch of red on her head and a black fish with the googily eyes (LOL). Anywho, I called the black one Mr Smith and the white one Mrs Smith.
We had the glass bowl with us when we bought them, and the pet store lady looked at it skeptically for a minute, then said, "You're not putting them in THAT, are you?"
Mum and I sorta somehow telepathically agreed to lie. "No, no," Mum said, shaking her head, "we've got a HUGE aquarium at home!"
Yeah. We lied cause we knew if we didn't they'd try to sell us thousands of dollars' worth of fish tanks, aquariums and bowls. We were only getting two goldfish, for crying out loud!
So we took them home. Mrs Smith's evil side started to come out when she was head-butting the plastic bag they were in, but apart from that, I assumed she was innocent.

SO, after for-freaking-ever, we got the bowl and the whole set-up thing working, which was surprisingly difficult. I mean, seriously. Goldfish. I'd had them before. You put some water in a bowl and feed them once a day. Well, that's what it used to be like. Now there's the pH and everything to consider! x.x

So anyway, I hid them in my room for the night, praying that they wouldn't die. Praying that I wouldn't wake up to two dead Christmas presents. I hate death. Even with fish I've known for eighteen hours.

Well, I woke up this morning, and they both seemed fine. All was well. Then, at about nine-ish... Mr Smith stopped moving and turned onto his side. EEEK! I practically screamed and got sick to my stomach. Like I said, death gets to me. Even if it's a humongous dead spider, I feel sick. Wait, that's not a good example. xD
Point is, I hate death.
An hour later, Mr Smith was gone. :[ Sniff. And Mrs Smith was swimming around innocently, supposedly having no trouble whatsoever with the water. Which got me thinking... and Leesha agrees, Mrs Smith could be a murderer!!!

Anywho, later today Mum and I desperately went to the pet store and bought a proper bowl (we were feeling bad about being fish-killers and wanted them to live right), another pH tester, a bazillion other fishy things, and six new fish. I assumed at least ONE would last till Christmas, for Indi's present.
We're also giving two to some friends, cause we're going to their place for Christmas, and their fish just died.
So we got in the car to go home, and the radio was on, and the guy on the radio said, "Hundreds of fish found dead at--" Mum and I stared at the radio and then each other.
"Do you think--"
"It's a sign?"
"We didn't kill it!"
"We might have!"
"Stay cool, stay cool."
xD Lol, we were totally freaking out. So anyway, we got home and acclimated the fish to their new home. So far none have died, but I'm keeping an eye on Mrs Smith.

Anywho, that's the story of the murderous fish.

Now, what else?

Ah, my family's having a huge feast tonight. :D Just the four of us. And afterwards, pavlova, and punch, and white christmas, and... yum, :]

*Thinking*

Sorry, the fish was the biggest news. xD I've been talking to Leesha about them for ages and now they're all I can think about.

Umm... RUBY'S GETTING BETTER!!!! :D :D :D
So happy about that.

Oh, and Mari, Leesha and I left presents for PF on her blog, so if anyone else wants to...

And and and and... that's it. xD

Merry Christmas, guys!

<3 <3 <3

~Sammy

PS: I *might* post tomorrow night, if I can. If not, definitely Boxing Day.

2 comments:

leesh_xx said...

Sammy,

I want you to know that i will never get sick of reading that story!

To be honest i started talking to Adam about the dead fish and he agreed that Mrs Smith is a muderer! HA lol and he also agreeed it was hilariously funny!

THEEN hes like wait a second...why on earth are you talking about a possible to-be serial killer fissh?

and im likee ummm
and hes like i always knew you were strange

and then im like you figured that out now?

and hes like no i said i ALWAYS knew you were strange and im like

OHH i gotcha ;)
and hes like lol you so slow sometimes but not as slow as mee and im likeee yeah it took you 5 minutes to get a blonde joke and your hairs almost blacck :O:O

lol
R.I.P Mr Smith

A note to Mrs Smith;;
YOU WILL PAY MRS SMITTHH FOR KILLING MR SMITTTH gahhhhh!

Its all good now =]=]

Merry christmas


xxx

p.s FIRST COMMENT!

Marri said...

xo hi hi xo
Yea I already left PF a gift. I miss her. Do you think she'll come back after she's all caught up? Well I think that was a while ago.

Merry Christmas to you, too.

Well not much to write.

xo bi bi xo