Monday, September 22, 2008

Hoooly Jebus.

Oh my god. I think I may actually curl up into a ball and die.
Or sleep, for a very, very, VERY long time.
I don't wanna go to work tomorrow! Somebody come and take me hostage, please!

I worked for eight hours today and didn't get to sit down once. D; This is a complaining post.
Kay. I shall tell you what I did today.

Didn't know how to catch the bus there, sooo Dad offered to drop me off on his way to work, resulting in myself arriving there an hour early. So I found a bench and texted Mari :D YEAH. Cause I can do that now.
Anywho, at nine, I went inside, and they-- oh, in case you forgot, I'm working at a pet shop-- got me to take all 30 birds out and put them in their day cages (? don't ask), give them new food and water; move some of the signs outside; give food and water to the puppies (eeh! :D), rats (:D), mice, and guinea pigs. Then I fed the fifteen boxes of crickets. (O.o, Did you know crickets eat carrots? I didn't! What the hell?! Do they even have teeth?!) Then a delivery guy came... *sigh* He dropped off fifty 20 kilogram boxes. God! Lol, I carried them all into the storage area, up and down this insanely steep hill, and then into this creepy underneath-the-building place (I almost died doing it; I have scratches all the way up my arms from carrying so many stupid heavy boxes). Then after that, the fish lady found me, and I've decided she's someone to avoid. She's in charge of the fish and tanks and stuff. I took the plants out of two different tanks, cleaned them, and used the sucky-thing to get all the stuff out the bottom. Theeeeeeeen I changed about 8 fish's tanks. Um, cleaned another stupid tank cause of the stupid tank lady. Went to lunch. Started avoiding fish lady. Watched the guy manager feed the little snakes :( Poor mice. Then one of the snakes bit him, lol, but they're little and non-venomous. Then, I gave four puppies a bath :D And blowdried them, which was fun. I changed the birds' water again, and went downstairs and played with two of the little puppies that aren't for sale, changed their food and water, etc. Packed some stuff into bags, then went to a business building and used their paper shredder for a full hour (so much paper!). The place reminded me of the start of The Incredibles. The people were in cubicles, and it was a mortgage place or something. This lady wanted to let this guy have a free something, but an old guy said no. That's what reminded me of The Incredibles. Soooo anyway, went back to the pet shop and stupid fish lady found me, made me clean the outside of all fifty-four humongous tanks in the store. O.o Then, I got to leave. I walked around for about half an hour trying to find a bus stop, then doubled back and realised that there was one across the road from the pet shop. Sigh. Caught the bus home, which was crowded as, then got home and completely collapsed into a heap. My dog isn't speaking to me; she was so bewildered at all of the animals she could smell on my clothes.
I can't do that for four more days! I know reading it, it probably doesn't sound like too much, but aaagh! Unpaid work SUCKS! xD
Oh well. I still like playing with the puppies and ratties and their dancing bird and such. Yes, dancing bird. I have photos and videos, but I'll upload them next post; I'm on the bad computer.

Hope you guys are well.
If I don't post by Saturday, know that my corpse is most likely buried underneath a heap of puppies and fish tanks.
<3

3 comments:

Christine Woodward said...

Kill fish lady.







That really does sound horrible you poor thing! Well except for the puppies, rats and dancing bird :O !!!!!

I was texting mari a bit last night =)
But its now 3am and I feel sick D:

But try and have a good day I'd hate to be the one to find you buried dead underneath puppies....because I would so be in a brisbane petshop





"Hooch is crazy"






Oh I love you sam! =D

leesh_xx said...

woah, thats a lot!
crazy fish lady..maybe she's the creater of mrs smith?

so kill mrs smith, and kill the fish lady.

but parts of the day sound fun, like bathing the puppes :D

xx

Caz said...

shoite... you've just successfully inspired me to never take a job in a pet shop. secretarial position it is.

i agree with christine... let's kill fish lady. we'll have a sort of blogger rampage.

and where in brisbane do yu live? cos i used to live up there :)

xx