Friday, September 26, 2008

Wow, 170's a big number, :O Isn't it?

Hahaha, I just stole my own blog title.
"Wow, 70's a big number :O Isn't it?"
Or something along those lines.

Anyways, guys, make sure you have some time before you attempt this, cause this's gonna be a long one.
*Breathes in*

I have OFFICIALLY finished my work experience. FINALLY! Forty hours of frickin' work, and it's now over. Yaaaay!
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it while I was actually at the store, but when I got home every night, I pretty much passed out. And eeevery single muscle in my arms and legs ached like Hell! (That's a pretty bad expression, since Hell doesn't ache, but whatcha gonna do?)
Aaaanyways, point being, I survived.

And yesterday while I was sweeping-- not sleeping, sweeping-- (I know, mentally challenging, much?!) one of my supervisors comes up and goes, "Did someone actually ask you to do that?"
And I'm like, "Errrrrm, no...", thinking, uh oh, spaghetti-o, she's gonna go nuts or something.
(Hahaha! I love saying "uh oh, spaghetti-o".)
It's not that she's mean, she's just waaaay more serious and work-nutso than my other supervisor. Anywho, she goes, "I love people with initiative! Do you want a job over the (Christmas) holidays?"This is the part where I accept the offer of money. :D
See, this girl in some of my classes, Tessa, works there. We talk fairly often, she's cool.
Do you guys remember, some time last year, me telling you about a meeting Ellie and myself went to about going to Borneo in 2008? I think that's the first time I ever mentioned Stalker Guy, but his name at that time was "Kendal-the-Stalker-Guy".
Anyways, Tessa (and Stalker Guy, and Jess, and many others I don't know) is going to Borneo for eight weeks in November. She works at the pet shop, so, I get her job while she's away. Lmao; it sounds so evil when I say it like that. "I GET YOUR JOB! BWAHAHAHA!"
...Er, yes.
The animals have been cool. The puppies are soooo cute, and so are the baby rats (there are newborn baby rats down in storage! They're even cuter!!!); and I've developed a good friendship with a cockatiel I've named Senor Bitey.
Well, me and the dancing bird had a falling out. His name is Bill, he's one of those pink and white humongous birds. Corella, or something. He'd be about the size of an adult's head, maybe bigger. So, anyways, he has a platform, and he sits there all day, repeatedly saying, "Hello!" and dancing when you click your fingers at him. Well, I was sweeping the other day (again, sigh) and for a second put the dustpan and brush onto his platform while I grabbed the bin. I came back and he was eating the brush.
I was like, "Bill, no." Then he hissed at me when I tried to grab it. I got the dustpan and started trying to ward him away from the brush, but he wouldn't back down. He started hissing and shaking his head, and trying to bite me.
Which he ended up doing, and he got the blister on my finger. That soooorta hurt. So then I started shielding myself with the dustpan, and then put it behind him; he turned to attack it and I grabbed the brush.
"Haaa," I went to him as I backed away.
He replied with, "Hello!"

So, turns out Fish Lady only works on Mondays. Woo! Although, yesterday I cleaned out forty-two fish tanks. No joke! It took for-freaking-ever.

Then yesterday, after work, Ellie and I went to see "Step Brothers". Which was funny, but kind of had us eeewing at parts. Meh.

At the moment, I'm sort of thinking about the future and past of this blog. Kind of weird, but helloooo, have we met?
So, I was thinking, exactly one year ago, I reckon I would have been really interested to know that I was still blogging, and what was going on. I betcha I would've thought I'd still be writing about May and Simone and their stupidness. But no, that pretty much ended last year. I'm wondering what I'll be blogging about in a year's time.
This all sort of started yesterday, at the movies. I was reading the "Coming Soon" section, and Saw V is coming out on October 23. Which, for me, is hilariously ironic, because I posted that "Dr. Splotchy" post on October 23, 2007, and that's when I brought up the fact that Saw IV was coming out. Lol. It seems so long ago, now, but then, not very. I remember it so well. I guess that's one of the many good things of this blog.

Gah, quick break. My muscles are achiiiing. Sorry for the complaints, but yeesh; my body's going, "You worked ten more hours than you usually do at school! And what the hell, what's with all this standing for hours on end and carrying stuff; huh?! And isn't it supposed to be holidays?"
Yes, body, yes, it is. Valid point. But, now, as of 4:30 this afternoon, I am on holidays. :]

And on Sunday I'm going to the beach! Yaaay.

So, I've been sneaking around at work for the past few days, trying to get you guys pictures and videos of various things. And I've got pictures from the sleepover. :] That I'll show you when I have time to upload them. Hope you like the pet store ones, though.



Aww, rats :]


The newborn babies! (Monday)


Young-ish ratties.


Lol, more rats.



Budgies :]







Puppies!





Aww!



Newborn baby ratties on Monday. ;]


Noisy lorikeet that screamed at me.



Storage area downstairs.





Mices. :P




Reaaaaally old set of scales that I was measuring stuff in.





Downstairs storage again.




Baby ratties on Wednesday! They have fur now!!! And there was one by his lonesome :( But he found his mum again, yay!



Fat rat. Or mummy rat...?







Scary cat food packet.




Place I was dusting. :]


Feather duster.


Funny mouse thing, whose nose is falling off.





Meditating cat?





Hehe! I thought that was pretty funny...





The baby ratties on Friday, sorry about the bad lighting.




A guinea pig (well, duh).





Birdies.



Senor Bitey.

'Kay, no videos today, sorry. Too tired, lol. Hope the post was okay... and hoping I'll hear from a couple of you soon :S

Well, all of you, but a few I haven't heard from in a while, so, yeah.

<3

Ahh, comment replies next post, too.

Ooh! I totally forgot; I got my report card on Tueeeeesday? I think it was Tuesday.

Anywho, like I've always done, I shall write the marks down here. It's more for my own reference than to show you guys, really.

Oookay:

English: A, A, A, A

Creative Writing: A, A, A, A

Maths Ex: B, B, A C-- that one was for homework; I only didn't do it once!! D: Cause I was in Sydney. Stupid lady. Lol, oh well.

Science B: B, A, A, A (goddamn it, it's always baaa; stupid sheep)

HPE: C-- LMAO, stupid exam; A, A, B

VID: B, A, A, A

So yes. Just thought I'd mention that.

Oh, and I accidentally siphoned up some of the little cheap fishies with the hose when I was cleaning their tank. Oopsy. :S

And a finch flew away. But that was NOT my fault. Not entirely. And that's all the mishaps. All else, good, hah.

4 comments:

ni said...

Ah, I am not looking forward to work experience. I think I'm doing mine next June; it's for the summer.
& Ooh, a Christmas JOB! WOO FOR YOU! You can get an XMAS bonus and ALL OF THAT! Look at you now, workin' lady!

I'm gunna go watch a movie now (I've done 4 out of 6 pages of my essay, so I deserve a break!)

LOVE YOOOU xxxxxx

Marri said...

xo hi hi xo

LOL, PISS OFF!! HAHA!

Im so mature, right Sammy?

I lovwe animals, and lucky you, with a job. I cant get one, and I need one :( Can you explain waht work expierience is? Im confused. Is it like community service?

lovey you!
xo bi bi xo

xoxo,
xx . Mari . xx

leesh_xx said...

work experiance next year will defently be quite interesting. christmas job!? sounds pretty good... and this time.. YOU GET PAID! good luck with the fish lady though hah.

xx

Christine Woodward said...

awww the puppiessssssssssssssssss!!

and the scary cat food packet and the piss off thing and the meditating cat!!! XD

and the baby rats!!!!!!!!!


haha i told adam hes gonna go see saw 5 with me :)
and i also told him hes gonna see the twilight movie with me (comes out in aus on december 11!!)

and my golly gosh that was long!
haha well enjoy your holidays !

xxo