House [to clinic patients]: “This is vicadin. It’s mine, you can’t have any. And no, I don’t have a pain management problem, I have a pain problem. But who knows? Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe I’m too stoned to tell."
How's everyone?
Okay, so yesterday, I just talked to Ellie over msn-- we both have webcams with microphones, so yeah. I was talking to her and her older sister and they kept laughing, lmao.
Then her internet died, so she called me, and when I was on the phone, I walked outside and saw Mum and Dad smoking. Again.
So after I'd finished talking to Ellie I told Indi to go outside and take the cigarettes from them, cause I had the feeling they wouldn't let me do the same thing twice.
I think (or, maybe, hope) that I won't have to give them any more lectures. They keep saying that the smell disgusts them now, which is a good sign, right? And they haven't had any today, so... yeah.
Then I went inside to check on Smudgie. I looked at where her stitches were-- around her neck... except they weren't there. Her stitches had disappeared. I started swearing, but then I looked at the wound, and it looks like the vet glued it together as well, so I'm hoping it'll be okay... Eck.
Last night I was actually tired, so I tried to get to sleep early-- mostly because my grandparents were expected to turn up today. So I was trying to fall asleep... and I was thinking about the story, and knowing me I actually come up with an idea. Lmao. That's a bad thing, because whenever I get an idea for a story, I have to immediately write it down. So I got up and spent an hour writing the next part to the damn story, lol... Oh well. My grandparents ended up not coming today, so it doesn't really matter.
So today was my Pa's birthday. Tomorrow I'm going to have to go and get a present for my mum (birthday's on Monday), and see my grandparents. I think we're going out to dinner.
Oh, do you remember when I went to that family dinner in October, the night before the wedding? When my nana got so drunk that she fell out of her chair in the restaurant and was getting people to smell my hair? And my cousin got wine spilled all over her? WELL, we're going to that same restaurant, hahaha, so it could well be just as eventful... You guys have no idea what my dad and nana are like to each other sometimes. Gosh, they used to fight-- BADLY-- on Christmas Eve. They were so loud I could hear the shouting from across the road. Eck. But lately they've been getting along pretty well, so hopefully that's maintained.
Anyway, err, I think that's about it. I also wanted to apologise for the past six weeks' posts; I know they've been incredibly boring, but-- and as much as it pains me to say this-- I'm going back to school in just over a week, so hopefully the blog gets a bit more exciting. Not too exciting, though. Don't want a lot of drama this year.
And my grandparents want to know if I'm ever sending my book to their friend; I think they're getting a bit impatient. I guess I'm just trying to put it off, y'know? In my eyes, I guess it'll never be finished. I just have to get over that one day.
So here's the next part of the story. (Read Mari's comment before this)
Remember, it was written at around one a.m., so... forgive me. Lmao. It's a bit random, because I really didn't know what to write next. Seriously, cliff-hanger, much? xD
********
Mari ducked to avoid the bullet, but there was no need. Jeff had already pulled his arm out of her grip and stepped in front of her. Everyone gasped in shock… even the guy with the gun. Jeff looked down briefly at the spreading patch of blood on his shirt before looking away. No one else had time to react to what had happened. Something was going on downstairs. There was a small scream, some loud cursing, and an ear-splitting explosion. In a split second, the walls had started to shake; dust particles were floating down from the ceiling, cascading over their heads. They all glanced down at the floor. It was shivering, rocking back and forth. The building was about to collapse. At the window, the man with the gun had disappeared. Mari got up and walked over to it, slowly. She peered out. They were up pretty high, but the guy had just disappeared. She barely registered the outside window ledge before shoving the window open.
“We have to jump,” she said.
Her friends stared at her.
“Mari, are you crazy?” Nelly demanded. “It’s four storeys high! We can’t!”
Christine nodded. “That’s just suicide.”
“It’s suicide to stay here!” she said desperately. “Hurry!”
Leesha walked over to where Mari was and glanced at the lot below. She shuddered. “What if there’s another way out?”
The others walked over to the window as well, shakily, because the building was trembling worse than ever.
“Look.” Nelly indicated somewhere just below the window, on the other side. “That window ledge is pretty wide. D’you reckon we could walk across it?”
“To where?” Christine demanded. “A better part of the sidewalk to fall on?”
“What about there?” Leesha pointed to the left. They all looked. Just beyond the window ledge was a tree that almost reached as high as the room they were in. “Could we climb down?”
“It’s worth a try…” Mari mumbled, and she clambered out. The others gave out cries of protest, but she ignored them, and eventually, they climbed out too.
They had to clutch onto the window with one hand to avoid falling off, but it was a fairly wide ledge, so eventually they made their way across it—which was a near miracle, given the state of the building. The four of them stared at the tree.
“Errr…” Nelly tried to think of something to say. “Good luck?”
Christine grimaced.
“Well,” Leesha said slowly, “I guess this is the only thing we can do.”
Mari looked at it again, dizzied. “The tree’s not as close as I thought.”
“Just go,” Christine urged her. “We’ll, um… watch.”
“We’ll follow you,” Nelly corrected her.
Mari looked back at the others, then closed her eyes and jumped. Leesha followed her, then Christine and Nelly.
They’d all fallen unconscious for a few minutes. The tree hadn’t been easy to grab on to.
“Oh God,” Christine murmured, “We’re like a real George of the Jungle.”
They were sprawled underneath the tree, on a small patch of grass that hadn’t helped whatsoever.
“So,” Leesha said, grasping her head in pain, “that was a great plan.”
“We’re alive, aren’t we?” Mari said.
“I hate to interrupt, but I’m afraid we’re going to have to run,” interjected Nelly.
“What?” the others said.
“I said, RUN!”
The building let out a low crunching noise, and they heard glass shatter. It seemed as if the building itself was…
“Is it shrinking?!” exclaimed Leesha.
“It’s collapsing,” said Mari, eyes wide. “I think we should listen to Nelly.”
“Agreed,” Christine said, and jumped up. They all screamed and dashed past the tree and across the road, heads pounding; and they felt the aftermath of falling four storeys. They’d barely made it to the other side, where they all fell over again in exhaustion. The building was now a pile of rubble.
There was silence for a few minutes while they tried to gather what had just happened.
“I hate to break the silence,” Christine said after a while, “but, Mari, if you left my taser in there, I’m going to have a hell of a time finding it.”
“No, it’s here,” Mari said, laughing. She gave it to Christine.
“Well,” Leesha muttered, “I have to admit, I have no idea what the hell just happened.”
“They blew up the building,” Nelly replied quietly.
“Yeah, but why?”
“I… have no idea. It seems like a pretty stupid way to protect themselves, if that’s what they were trying to do.”
“And why’s that?” Christine raised an eyebrow.
“Because,” Mari said, “they probably killed themselves and destroyed all of their own stuff. Not to mention the fact that we survived.”
“Yeah,” Leesha agreed, “but they might not know that.”
“Omigosh,” Nelly gasped, and the others looked at her. “Wasn’t Jeff still in there?”
There was a pause, and they all realised what they’d done.
“He’s dead?” Mari cried. “I can’t believe we left him there!”
“Wait,” Leesha said thoughtfully. “I can’t remember seeing him after that explosion.
The four of them tried to remember.
“Me neither,” Christine said, “He just disappeared!”
“D’you think he escaped?” Nelly said sceptically.
“We did,” Mari replied.
**********
I know it's a lousy finish to that chapter, but yeah. I was tired.
So tell me if you're getting sick of the story. I'll keep writing it as long as you guys keep reading it... orrrr I run out of ideas. Hahaha.
Okay, see ya!
<3 <3 <3
~Sam
[I need a new nickname. I'm getting bored of Sam and Sammy. Yeah, okay, it's my name. Shut up. xD But yeah... Oh, and NOT Sambo the frickin' hobo. Lmao.]
PS: K messaged me on myspace today, O_o OH NO!!!!
PPS: Okay, my question.
What do you *honestly* think would happen if you (and disregard where we all live for the time being) unexpectedly saw one of us blogging peoples when you were, say, shopping with a friend? What do you think you'd do? And what do you think we'd think of you? This is really random, but I was just thinking about it for no particular reason, lol. And if you have different answers for different people, say so! Hahaha. Okay, that's all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
xo hi hi xo
Omigosh.
Hah. Jeff saved me.
But we killed him. Or did we?
Okaaaaaaayy.
Hmmm.
Im starting to think about who should write the ending. Me or you? And should it be happy or sad?
Mind if write another part?
------------------------------------------------
The girls started running to avoid the huge sparks and rocks flying from the building.
Mari stopped.
"What are you doing?" Leesha cried
"Promise me" Mari said
"Huh?" Nelly asked
"Promise me, that if I don't come back, you won't hate me" Mari looked at them.
Before anyone could say anything she took off.
"We can't let her go by herself!" Nelly said. They all ran shouting "stop!" to mari but she didn't stop. They finally caught up and mari was starting to open the door.
They heard a huge crash.
The third floor fell on the second. The second fell on the first.
Nelly grabbed Mari and brought her away from the building.
They all stopped to look at this miracle.
The third floor had crushed all the other floors, staying completley in tact.
"What the?" Christine asked.
"Lets go!" Leesha said
"Huh?" Mari asked. "They could blow it up again!"
"But, don't you want to reaaallly see what wasin those boxes?"
They all ran into the building
"Were so crazy" Nelly said laughing.
"We know" They all answered.
They rushed into the room. Everything was okay. A little singed, but okay. Jeff was in the corner leaning on a box for support.
Jeff lifted his head up. "Uh, you guys really can't stay away huh?"
Mari lifted Jeff off the box and wispered "thanks" in his ears. He winked back at her.
Nelly stood near a box. "ready?" she asked.
"Ready" They all said. But none of them were really ready for what they were about to see.
------------------------------------------------
You write the end.
Or keep it going.
We should write a sequel!
I luv the story! I luved writing it with you.
Lets start another one!
xo bi bi xo
xo hi hi xo
about the nickname thing. Do you mean like how mine ie "La Fashionista"? That kind of nickname?
How about
Cheerio, sam!
Randomness chick
Story sam
Just thoughts.
xo bi bi xo
Post a Comment