I think I've got the flu. Urgh. How convenient--the last three weeks of school, and I'm sick. I can't take any more time off, anyway--I took a whole two weeks off last month to go to Bali.
So anyway, today was long. Too long. I got home half an hour ago (it's about four o'clock) and I'm going to sleep as soon as I finish this post.
First up, it's Monday. That always manages to ruin the day. Monday, in my opinion, is the absolute worst day of the week. The weekend is over, and it's nowhere near Friday.
Not that I'm totally looking forward to the weekend... but that's another story. I'll tell you guys later.
So, I had four hours' sleep yet again last night. I had to stay up late and get up early to finish all of my homework (I guess that teaches me for spending half of yesterday writing my book, and not working, lol!).
When I got to school, my friends and I went into form, which was usual. Nothing exciting seems to happen in form... ever.
The first class was English. Oh no. Ten minute speech... gah. I watched a few of the speeches in apprehension, and I was fourth.
First of all--today being Monday--I was not in a good mood. That bad mood was heightened further by the fact that long speeches (as I've told you all) are not my favourite pasttime, and to top it all off, I was losing my voice.
I stood behind the music stand with my billions of palm-cards... but I wasn't really scared. Just annoyed. I started the speech, and it was going fine until about half-way through... and I started to lose my voice, BADLY. My voice was all croaky and my throat hurt like hell... but I had to keep talking for another six or seven minutes. All in all, my speech was thirteen minutes long. Sheesh. It turned out okay... but my throat felt like it was on fire.
And next, the subject that brightens my whole day.... (lol, just kidding) Math. I didn't really do any work... just joking around with Simone and stuff, but I got an assignment, which totally sucks! You'd think, three weeks before the holidays, they'd stop handing this stuff out.
Morning Tea, I spent with my bestie, which made me feel oh so slightly better (she's hilarious), but not much.
And after the rest of Math, we had Science. I was frantically trying to write my two two-minute speeches (the scripts) for English (yeah, MORE speeches) before lunch, because otherwise I'd be in trouble. We had a substitute teacher, so I got away with it.
And at lunch, I went up to the G-Block staffroom to hand in the scripts for my speeches with May. She didn't have hers, because her bag had been flooded in from all the rain, which totally sucked. I gave the teacher my speeches and she was okay with it... but she made May pick up rubbish for the rest of lunch. I decided I had nothing better to do and walked around the school with May and the disgusting plastic bag, scavenging for rubbish. When we got back, the teacher saw me with the bag, and she was like, "You know you didn't have to pick up rubbish, right?"
Of course I knew. Why do people always assume that no one helps someone else when they're aware that they're helping? Personally, I like to help people.
And finally... I had DCT. Urgh. We're going up to the school and playing games with the kids (as I may have told you), but the group I'm in had to do our lesson plan for the kids... to the class. And so I was playing duck-duck-goose with about thirty fourteen-year-olds.
I had to explain how to play. Truth be told... I haven't played in years... so it was kinda hard! And then they made me demonstrate. I mean... Come on!!! They knew how to play the darn game, but they were enjoying watching me trying to explain it!
It was pretty funny... but frustrating as well.
And I found out my bestie is going to hospital next week... 'cause she's started to walk and talk and stuff in her sleep. The other night, she almost walked onto a main road!
So I'm kind of worried for her... But she's sleeping at the hospital for a night, and the people will be monitoring her... (How weird to have people watch you sleep!)
Well, I'm really tired and not too happy, so I'm going to sleep, now. Hey, it's a quarter past four in the afternoon, but I so don't care.
Peace.
~Sam
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey!
Your day sounds more interesting then mine!
Keep up the posts!!
Hows the re-write going??
Rachel .xxx
[[http://truthhonesty.blogspot]]
heyy
i was kinda just surfing through peoples blogs an came to yours =]
wow sounds like a great school day [NOT] english, amths, science. AND yuo were sick and had to do speeches. that sucks!
lol trying to explain duck duck goose sounds funn.
i'll be reading =D
[[ohchristine.blogspot.com]]
awwww. i hope you feel better soon. :) good luck at school.
^Maddie^
=( im sorry... that sounds like a very yucky day.
i recommend ice cream. and a nap. :)
love! <3
lilie
http://liliesbeautifullife.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment