Aha, I'm loving answering the phone these days. See, I don't usually bother, cause I'm either in my room, or my sister dashes around the house screaming, "I'LL GET IT!!!"
I figure it's safer to let her answer it, even though most times she can't locate the phone (we have a cordless one).
But lately I've actually answered it, and the basic conversation goes like this:
"Hello?"
"Hi, who's this?"
"Er... Sam?"
"Sam!?!?!? I thought... but *somebody* told me that you don't answer the phone! I didn't even know if you LIVED there anymore!"
"Uh, well... I do."
Ha, no, I've moved out and am making my own income off of lemonade stalls.
Yeah, I don't have a job yet.
Well, this post is going to be pretty short, seeing as how I've done practically nothing today.
I'm going to try and explain something to you guys, though. Okay, I've always loved reading--not, you know, excessively, like at lunch during school or while I'm at a friend's place. But I do like reading a book every night if I can.
Problem is, lately I can't read something without being totally judgmental or critical towards the writing. And it's just not great to read something for the sheer point of crossing out typos and grammatical errors. But I don't even mean to!
Urgh. I really hope this doesn't continue. I want to be able to read a good book, and not feel the need to assess and review it.
I dunno if I expected you guys to offer help or something, it's just a factor of my life that I feel incredibly frustrated with right now. Maybe I'm writing too much myself, lol.
Anywho, I'm going to answer PF's comment. :D
I had a feeling I should've explained In This Life more. It's a new song by Delta Goodrem, she's an Aussie singer who's recently made a comeback. I used to like Delta but since about two years ago I've lost interest. But URGH. Her new song always manages to stick in my head for hours after I hear it. Eeek!
If you search "In This Life Delta Goodrem" on Youtube you'd find the video for it. Not that I'm asking you to, just stating.
Oh, did you know that Spleak has apparently toned down the celeb gossip and is going to start blogging about "her life" again? Hm, dunno how that'll work out, but it's an improvement.
And my comments... we-ell, I've only made a few, but they weren't directed at anyone in a horrible way.
Hah, I like the book series. It's about a pretty darn useless bounty hunter. I find it funny, anyway. xP
No problem, I enjoy reading your blog just as much as I appreciate your comments, which is a lot.
And that's all for today, peace!
~Sammy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sammywammy...
Hmmm, it's not really advice, but I'm just telling you that it happens to me, too. I mean, I'm very good at spelling and vocabulary, so when I read anything, I find myself correcting its mistakes and typos (just like you). It doesn't really bother me though-- maybe I do it less than you? Hahahaha, but when I write a comment or on my blog, for instance, I tend to write as if I were having a conversation: laughing and not trying to impress with my ample vocab. That's why sometimes when I go back to read my posts or comments I feel like I sound dumber than I am. Whatev... Just leave the impressing for the essays.
I don't know what you could do to get rid of a habit like that, though.
Ugh, Spleak updated her thing, but I'm not sure if I even want to read it. Ehh, I'll go check it out.
PF
Post a Comment